Sunday, February 15, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

2 Alleged Gang Members Charged In B.C.'s Turf War Conspiracy To Murder The Bacon Brothers

2 Alleged Gang Members Charged In B.C.'s Turf War Conspiracy To Murder The Bacon Brothers
RCMP announced on Monday the arrests of 32-year-old Troy Tran of Vancouver and a 31-year-old man whose identity is not being released "to preserve the integrity of a future court proceeding."

2 Alleged Gang Members Charged In B.C.'s Turf War Conspiracy To Murder The Bacon Brothers

'Active Shooter' Reported At Naval Medical Center In San Diego

'Active Shooter' Reported At Naval Medical Center In San Diego
"An active shooter has just been reported in building #26 at Naval Medical Center San Diego. All occupants are advised to run, hide or fight," the Naval Medical Center San Diego posted.

'Active Shooter' Reported At Naval Medical Center In San Diego

Sikh Man Ousted From Donald Trump's Rally In US For Carrying 'Stop Hate' Banner

Sikh Man Ousted From Donald Trump's Rally In US For Carrying 'Stop Hate' Banner
The man, wearing a beard and bright red turban, tried to interrupt Trump's speech when he was addressing a rally on Sunday in Muscatine High School, Iowa, a mid-western state of the US

Sikh Man Ousted From Donald Trump's Rally In US For Carrying 'Stop Hate' Banner

U.S. Officials May Temporarily Turn Niagara Falls Into Trickle

U.S. Officials May Temporarily Turn Niagara Falls Into Trickle
State officials are holding a public hearing this week to discuss plans for replacing 115-year-old bridges linking the mainland to islands near the brink of Niagara Falls.

U.S. Officials May Temporarily Turn Niagara Falls Into Trickle

Street Artist Banksy Takes Swipe At France On Migrant Crisis

Street Artist Banksy Takes Swipe At France On Migrant Crisis
The elusive street artist placed the mural near the French Embassy in London. His publicist, Jo Brooks, confirmed Monday that the work was genuine.

Street Artist Banksy Takes Swipe At France On Migrant Crisis

Indian-Origin Muslim Cleric Muhammad Shahid Raza Gets Honorary Doctorate

Indian-Origin Muslim Cleric Muhammad Shahid Raza Gets Honorary Doctorate
Raza was born in Bihar and studied in Moradabad, Agra and Meerut before moving to Britain. He became head Imam at the Islamic Centre in Leicester in 1978.

Indian-Origin Muslim Cleric Muhammad Shahid Raza Gets Honorary Doctorate