Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Citizenship And Immigration Web Site Sows Confusion Over Family Reunification

Citizenship And Immigration Web Site Sows Confusion Over Family Reunification
OTTAWA — The Liberal government says it remains committed to doubling to 10,000 the number of applications it will process each year for family reunification of parents and grandparents.

Citizenship And Immigration Web Site Sows Confusion Over Family Reunification

African Boy Mauled By Chimps To Undergo Facial Reconstruction Surgery At New York Hospital

African Boy Mauled By Chimps To Undergo Facial Reconstruction Surgery At New York Hospital
Dunia Sibomana was considered the lucky one two years ago when a group of chimpanzees jumped from the trees and attacked him and two other boys as they played near a preserve in their native Democratic Republic of the Congo.

African Boy Mauled By Chimps To Undergo Facial Reconstruction Surgery At New York Hospital

Donald Trump's 1st TV Ad Pushes Proposal To Ban Muslims Entering Us; Primary Contests Loom In Weeks

Donald Trump's 1st TV Ad Pushes Proposal To Ban Muslims Entering Us; Primary Contests Loom In Weeks
With the opening 2016 primary contest four weeks away, the billionaire businessman is spotlighting his plan to ban Muslims from entering the United States — temporarily and with exceptions, he says — and to build a wall along the southern border. 

Donald Trump's 1st TV Ad Pushes Proposal To Ban Muslims Entering Us; Primary Contests Loom In Weeks

Bill Clinton Makes His Debut Solo Appearance On Behalf Of His Wife's 2016 Presidential Campaign

While Bill Clinton was keen to keep the focus on Hillary Clinton's key campaign platforms, the passing time hasn't shielded him from the ghosts that haunted his own presidency.

Bill Clinton Makes His Debut Solo Appearance On Behalf Of His Wife's 2016 Presidential Campaign

FTC announces $2M settlement with game developer Lumosity over brain-boosting claims

FTC announces $2M settlement with game developer Lumosity over brain-boosting claims
 The developer of Lumosity "brain training" games will pay $2 million to settle federal allegations that it misled customers about the cognitive benefits of its online apps and programs.

FTC announces $2M settlement with game developer Lumosity over brain-boosting claims

In Yet Another Alleged Hate Crime, Elderly Sikh Stabbed To Death In US

In Yet Another Alleged Hate Crime, Elderly Sikh Stabbed To Death In US
Gurcharan Singh Gill, an employee at local liquor store at Shields Express in West Shields Avenue was at work when he was stabbed to death during broad day light

In Yet Another Alleged Hate Crime, Elderly Sikh Stabbed To Death In US