Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

How Crazy Was 2015 In U.S.? Let's Ask An Obama Democrat Who Supports Trump

  "I'm 100 per cent sure I'm going to vote for him," Eric Butler says. "A lot of us are living vicariously through him — he's saying and doing the things we wish we could say and do."

How Crazy Was 2015 In U.S.? Let's Ask An Obama Democrat Who Supports Trump

Transport Canada Certifies Bombardier CSeries Commercial Jet For Service

Transport Canada Certifies Bombardier CSeries Commercial Jet For Service
MIRABEL, Que. — After delays and cost overruns, Bombardier's US$5.4-billion CSeries passenger jet has been given the green light to enter into commercial service.

Transport Canada Certifies Bombardier CSeries Commercial Jet For Service

Canadian Special Forces Stand Their Ground With Kurds In Massive Islamic State Assault

Canadian Special Forces Stand Their Ground With Kurds In Massive Islamic State Assault
A three-pronged assault, involving hundreds of extremists, took place along a wide front in the sector, northwest of the Kurdish capital of Irbil, where Canadian special forces have been training local forces.

Canadian Special Forces Stand Their Ground With Kurds In Massive Islamic State Assault

Entrepreneur Who Jacked Up Price Of A Lifesaving Drug Is Arrested On Securities Fraud Charges

Entrepreneur Who Jacked Up Price Of A Lifesaving Drug Is Arrested On Securities Fraud Charges
If convicted, he could get up to 20 years in prison. He left court without speaking to reporters. His attorneys had no immediate comment.

Entrepreneur Who Jacked Up Price Of A Lifesaving Drug Is Arrested On Securities Fraud Charges

Shutting Off Extremists' Internet Access Isn't As Easy As Donald Trump Makes It Sound

Shutting Off Extremists' Internet Access Isn't As Easy As Donald Trump Makes It Sound
NEW YORK — Donald Trump says the government must work with "brilliant people" in Silicon Valley to keep violent extremists offline, even if it means shutting down parts of the Internet.

Shutting Off Extremists' Internet Access Isn't As Easy As Donald Trump Makes It Sound

President Obama Names Indian American Activist Harold D'souza To Human Trafficking Advisory Body

President Obama Names Indian American Activist Harold D'souza To Human Trafficking Advisory Body
"I am honoured that these talented individuals have decided to serve our country," he said naming d'Souza and 10 others to the council.

President Obama Names Indian American Activist Harold D'souza To Human Trafficking Advisory Body