Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Modi Lauds Malay Indians, Announces $1 Mn For Students

Modi Lauds Malay Indians, Announces $1 Mn For Students
He also announced one million US dollar as additional fund to the corpus of the India-Students Trust Fund.

Modi Lauds Malay Indians, Announces $1 Mn For Students

Hillary Clinton proposes tax break for caregivers, part of a series of tax cuts for middle class

The Democratic presidential candidate is unveiling her latest proposal on Sunday and plans to discuss it at a town hall-style meeting in Iowa. She is seeking a tax credit of up to $6,000 to offset caregiving expenses for elderly family members.

Hillary Clinton proposes tax break for caregivers, part of a series of tax cuts for middle class

Vancouver Mining Executives Trapped In Their Rooms As Gunmen Stormed Mali Hotel

Vancouver Mining Executives Trapped In Their Rooms As Gunmen Stormed Mali Hotel
The B2Gold Corp. executives were in the Radisson Blu hotel in the capital Bamako when Islamist militants launched the attack Friday morning.

Vancouver Mining Executives Trapped In Their Rooms As Gunmen Stormed Mali Hotel

Modi Calls For New Global Resolve To Fight Terror

Modi Calls For New Global Resolve To Fight Terror
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday called for a new global resolve to fight terrorism and spoke of the need for unimpeded commerce in the Asia Pacific and the Indian Ocean regions.

Modi Calls For New Global Resolve To Fight Terror

Donald Trump Says He Would 'Absolutely' Implement Muslim Database If Elected

Donald Trump Says He Would 'Absolutely' Implement Muslim Database If Elected
I would certainly implement that. Absolutely," Trump told an NBC News reporter between campaign events Thursday in Newton

Donald Trump Says He Would 'Absolutely' Implement Muslim Database If Elected

Russia Pounds Islamic State Terrosits With 'For Paris' Bombs

Russia Pounds Islamic State Terrosits With 'For Paris' Bombs
Unverified images have been circulating on the internet of Syria-bound US missiles bearing the handwritten inscription "From Paris with love".

Russia Pounds Islamic State Terrosits With 'For Paris' Bombs