Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Dussehra, Diwali Celebrated In Manchester

Dussehra, Diwali Celebrated In Manchester
Thousands of people of various faiths from across Manchester gathered at the city centre to celebrate the festivals of Dussehra and Diwali on Saturday

Dussehra, Diwali Celebrated In Manchester

20-Year-Old Indian Student Mandeep Singh Found During Search In New Zealand

20-Year-Old Indian Student Mandeep Singh Found During Search In New Zealand
Police have recovered a body while searching for a missing Indian student in New Zealand, a media report said on Sunday.

20-Year-Old Indian Student Mandeep Singh Found During Search In New Zealand

Thousands Flock To Diwali Celebrations In New Zealand

Thousands Flock To Diwali Celebrations In New Zealand
The two-day celebrations concluded at the Queen St's Aotea Square with a fireworks finale on Sunday night and included events like workshops, live dance, music, puppet and theatre performances

Thousands Flock To Diwali Celebrations In New Zealand

Sikhs Organise Community Kitchen At Religious Conference In US

Sikhs Organise Community Kitchen At Religious Conference In US
Setting an example of inter-faith understanding, the Sikh community in Salt Lake City has organised a community kitchen for nearly 7,000 attendees at the 2015 Parliament of World's Religions underway in Utah

Sikhs Organise Community Kitchen At Religious Conference In US

72-year-old Indian-origin Man Killed In US Accident

72-year-old Indian-origin Man Killed In US Accident
Inderjeet Sharma was walking near a road in San Jose on Tuesday morning when he was hit by a pickup truck. The driver fled the spot. 

72-year-old Indian-origin Man Killed In US Accident

Briton To Be Tried For Killing Of Indian-Origin Woman Usha Patel

Briton To Be Tried For Killing Of Indian-Origin Woman Usha Patel
Miles Donnelly, 34, allegedly stabbed and strangled 44-year-old Usha Patel at her home in Melrose Avenue, Cricklewood, on October 8, Evening Standard newspaper reported on Wednesday.

Briton To Be Tried For Killing Of Indian-Origin Woman Usha Patel