Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Searchers Scour B.C.'s Yoho National Park For Calgary Teen Likely Swept Over Waterfall

Searchers Scour B.C.'s Yoho National Park For Calgary Teen Likely Swept Over Waterfall
 RCMP in Golden, B.C., confirm a search has resumed in Yoho National Park for a teenager believed to have been swept over a waterfall.

Searchers Scour B.C.'s Yoho National Park For Calgary Teen Likely Swept Over Waterfall

Canberra's Sikh Taxi Drivers To Strike Over Uber

Canberra's Sikh Taxi Drivers To Strike Over Uber
The strike is set to last between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. across the Australian Capital Territory 

Canberra's Sikh Taxi Drivers To Strike Over Uber

Two Indians Named In New Zealand Car Crash

Two Indians Named In New Zealand Car Crash
Dilpreet Singh, Pulkit Malhotra, Imad Dib and Syed Haris Jafri were travelling along the beach in a Mitsubishi Pajero when it rolled over 

Two Indians Named In New Zealand Car Crash

Prosecutors File Appeal In Case Of Canadian Teacher Neil Bantleman In Indonesia

Neil Bantleman had been serving a ten-year prison sentence when an August ruling resulted in his release, although he remained in the country

Prosecutors File Appeal In Case Of Canadian Teacher Neil Bantleman In Indonesia

Sexist 'Lad' Culture Against Female Students At British Campuses

Sexist 'Lad' Culture Against Female Students At British Campuses
A latest survey by the British National Union of Students (NUS) found that British universities have “failed to tackle lad culture,” with only one in 10 institutions including relevant policies in the freshers’ welcome pack.

Sexist 'Lad' Culture Against Female Students At British Campuses

BBC's Indian-Origin Journalist Anita Rani In Tears After Discovering Family's Fate During Partition

BBC's Indian-Origin Journalist Anita Rani In Tears After Discovering Family's Fate During Partition
Rani was even more shocked to learn that Pritam and Sant had a seven-year-old daughter who also died in the bloodshed.

BBC's Indian-Origin Journalist Anita Rani In Tears After Discovering Family's Fate During Partition