Sunday, February 15, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Yoga, Classical Dance, Make In India Lion At Hannover Inaugural

Yoga, Classical Dance, Make In India Lion At Hannover Inaugural
With 'swagatam' or welcome as the theme, the classical Indian dancers, including Odisi, Mohiniyattam, Kathakali, performed two-minute neat dance moves, with the backdrop changing appropriately to reflect the state from which it hailed. 

Yoga, Classical Dance, Make In India Lion At Hannover Inaugural

Islamic State Video Shows Ancient Iraqi City Of Nimrud Razed To Ground

Islamic State Video Shows Ancient Iraqi City Of Nimrud Razed To Ground
A video released by the Islamic State (IS) militants shows the Sunni radical group destroying an ancient city in Iraq using power tools, bulldozers and explosives, media reported on Sunday.

Islamic State Video Shows Ancient Iraqi City Of Nimrud Razed To Ground

Body Of Indian Killed In Yemen Being Brought Back, Kin Told

Body Of Indian Killed In Yemen Being Brought Back, Kin Told
The government has informed the family of Manjeet Singh, of Himachal Pradesh who died in Yemen in a bomb blast, that the formalities relating to bringing his body back home are on.

Body Of Indian Killed In Yemen Being Brought Back, Kin Told

Modi Clicks Selfie With Indian Students In France

Modi Clicks Selfie With Indian Students In France
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday clicked a selfie with Indian students during his visit to the French space agency here.

Modi Clicks Selfie With Indian Students In France

RCMP Says Most Female Aboriginal Homicide Victims Killed By Other Aboriginals

RCMP Says Most Female Aboriginal Homicide Victims Killed By Other Aboriginals
EDMONTON — The head of the RCMP says 70 per cent of aboriginal females killed in Canada — in cases solved by police — died at the hands of other aboriginals.

RCMP Says Most Female Aboriginal Homicide Victims Killed By Other Aboriginals

U.S. Congress Again Urged To Oppose Canadian Plan To Bury Nuclear Waste

U.S. Congress Again Urged To Oppose Canadian Plan To Bury Nuclear Waste
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. — The U.S. Congress should officially speak out against the possibility that Canadian nuclear waste will be stored underground near Lake Huron, a Michigan politician said Friday.

U.S. Congress Again Urged To Oppose Canadian Plan To Bury Nuclear Waste