Saturday, February 21, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Nepal gets 3-year-old girl as new living goddess

Nepal gets 3-year-old girl as new living goddess
A three-year-old girl on Thursday became Nepal's new living goddess, worshipped by both Hindus and Buddhists in the Himalayan nation.

Nepal gets 3-year-old girl as new living goddess

Alert in Germany as man threatens to put poisoned goods in stores

Alert in Germany as man threatens to put poisoned goods in stores
Police in the southern German city of Konstanz on Thursday called on the public to help after an unknown man threatened to deposit poisoned products on supermarket shelves across the country unless he receives a large sum of money.

Alert in Germany as man threatens to put poisoned goods in stores

EU gives Facebook, Twitter 'last warning' on hate speech

EU gives Facebook, Twitter 'last warning' on hate speech
The European Union on Thursday gave an ultimatum to Facebook, Twitter and other social media companies to rid their platforms of hate speech or face legal consequences.

EU gives Facebook, Twitter 'last warning' on hate speech

Playboy founder Hugh Hefner dead, at age 91

Playboy founder Hugh Hefner dead, at age 91
Hugh Hefner, who founded the Playboy magazine and quickly made it a part of the American cultural landscape as universal as Disneyland and Coca-Cola, has died at his home, the Playboy Mansion near Beverly Hills. He was 91.

Playboy founder Hugh Hefner dead, at age 91

Indian American couple pledges $200 mn to transform healthcare in India

Indian American couple pledges $200 mn to transform healthcare in India
An Indian American doctor couple has pledged $200 million to a Florida university to advance healthcare in the state and internationally to underserved communities in India and Africa.

Indian American couple pledges $200 mn to transform healthcare in India

Work begins on prototypes for US-Mexico border wall

Work begins on prototypes for US-Mexico border wall
Work began on Tuesday on the construction of prototypes for the wall along the US-Mexico border that US President Donald Trump wants to build to stop illegal immigration.

Work begins on prototypes for US-Mexico border wall