Friday, February 20, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Indian American Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi Gets Key Role In Democrats' Task Force

Indian American Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi Gets Key Role In Democrats' Task Force
The Congressman will serve as co-chair for the New Economy Task Force, along with Representatives Susan DelBene, Debbie Dingell and Darren Soto. 

Indian American Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi Gets Key Role In Democrats' Task Force

WATCH: Confused By Cameras, BBC Anchor Runs Across Studio

WATCH: Confused By Cameras, BBC  Anchor Runs Across Studio
Thomas Donkin, a journalist with BBC for nine years, was ready to read out a report on Hurricane Irma during an early morning broadcast on Saturday when confusion plagued him.

WATCH: Confused By Cameras, BBC Anchor Runs Across Studio

Donald Trump Nominates Indian-American Lawyer Manisha Singh To Key Diplomatic Position

Donald Trump Nominates Indian-American Lawyer Manisha Singh To Key Diplomatic Position
US President Donald Trump has nominated noted Indian-American lawyer Manisha Singh to a key administration position in the State Department, making her in charge of economic diplomacy.

Donald Trump Nominates Indian-American Lawyer Manisha Singh To Key Diplomatic Position

PICS: 170 Indians Evacuated From Hurricane-Hit Sint Maarten

PICS: 170 Indians Evacuated From Hurricane-Hit Sint Maarten
As many as 170 Indians have been evacuated from the hurricane Irma-hit Sint Maarten and brought to the Caribbean island of Curacao by special flights chartered by the Indian government.

PICS: 170 Indians Evacuated From Hurricane-Hit Sint Maarten

Arundhati Roy Out Of Man Booker Race

Arundhati Roy Out Of Man Booker Race
Arundhati Roy's latest novel, "The Ministry of Utmost Happiness" has failed to make the cut for the shortlist of six books for The Man Booker Prize (Fiction) 2017. 

Arundhati Roy Out Of Man Booker Race

Jagmeet Singh's Spotlight Gets Brighter Ahead Of NDP Leadership Vote

I had achieved academic (and) professional success yet I was still made to feel like there was something wrong with me.

Jagmeet Singh's Spotlight Gets Brighter Ahead Of NDP Leadership Vote