Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

US keen to support Modi government's vision: Kerry

US keen to support Modi government's vision: Kerry
Stressing that the US and India have the potential to become indispensable partners in the 21st century, Secretary of State John Kerry said Washington wants...

US keen to support Modi government's vision: Kerry

MH17 investigators fail to reach crash site

MH17 investigators fail to reach crash site
Australian and Dutch investigators have failed for a third consecutive day to reach the MH17 crash site because of fierce fighting between...

MH17 investigators fail to reach crash site

Breaking protocol, Nepal PM to personally receive Modi

Breaking protocol, Nepal PM to personally receive Modi
Breaking protocol, Nepal Prime Minister Sushil Koirala will personally receive his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi when he lands in Kathmandu Aug 3...

Breaking protocol, Nepal PM to personally receive Modi

US, EU to impose new sanctions on Russia

US, EU to impose new sanctions on Russia
New sanctions would be imposed on Russia this week by the US and the European Union (EU) in the wake of Moscow's continued assistance to rebels in eastern Ukraine....

US, EU to impose new sanctions on Russia

'MH17 jet was hit by missile shrapnel'

'MH17 jet was hit by missile shrapnel'
The recently downed Malaysia Airlines jet in the eastern Ukraine had suffered an explosive loss of pressure after getting punctured by shrapnel from...

'MH17 jet was hit by missile shrapnel'

The Gaza carnage: Israeli impunity and global helplessness

The Gaza carnage: Israeli impunity and global helplessness
It is difficult, almost impossible, to envisage an early negotiated ceasefire to put an end to the unconscionable carnage in Gaza. US Secretary of State John Kerry...

The Gaza carnage: Israeli impunity and global helplessness