Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

US drone attack kills Al Qaeda men in Pakistan

US drone attack kills Al Qaeda men in Pakistan
The Al Qaeda has said that six of its leaders were killed in US drone attacks in Pakistan's North Waziristan region, the media reported Tuesday....

US drone attack kills Al Qaeda men in Pakistan

272 bodies recovered from MH17 crash site

272 bodies recovered from MH17 crash site
Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseny Yatsenyuk Monday said that rescuers have recovered 272 bodies from the crash site of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17....

272 bodies recovered from MH17 crash site

North Korea warns US, South Korea against hostilities

North Korea warns US, South Korea against hostilities
North Korea has warned the US and South Korea to stop their reckless and hostile acts or else it will take retaliatory actions....

North Korea warns US, South Korea against hostilities

UN calls for immediate cessation of Gaza conflicts

UN calls for immediate cessation of Gaza conflicts
Ambassador Eugene-Richard Gasana of Rwanda, this month's president of the Security Council, Sunday said that the council members called for an immediate...

UN calls for immediate cessation of Gaza conflicts

MH370's search coordinator to lead Australia's MH17 probe

MH370's search coordinator to lead Australia's MH17 probe
A former Australian defence official, who led the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, arrived in Kiev Monday to examine MH17's crash site....

MH370's search coordinator to lead Australia's MH17 probe

German experts for Malaysian plane crash probe

German experts for Malaysian plane crash probe
The German government will send two experts to Ukraine to support the MH17 crash probe, a media report said Saturday....

German experts for Malaysian plane crash probe