Friday, February 20, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

UK Police Hold Sikh Man And His Son At Gunpoint After His Tyre Popped ‘Like Gunfire'

UK Police Hold Sikh Man And His Son At Gunpoint After His Tyre Popped ‘Like Gunfire'
Sukhi Rayat Was Sitting In His Bmw On His Drive When Police With Dogs Swooped. Unit Shoved Him And His Teen Son Against A Wall, Cuffed Them And Searched Home

UK Police Hold Sikh Man And His Son At Gunpoint After His Tyre Popped ‘Like Gunfire'

Burglars Loot Jewellery Worth Millions From Indian Chain In 'Audacious' East London Raid

Burglars Loot Jewellery Worth Millions From Indian Chain In 'Audacious' East London Raid
A gang of thieves smashed their way into the UK branch of an Indian jewellery shop in a "meticulously planned and audacious raid" and stole 1.8 million pounds worth of gold, diamond and other jewels, police said on Friday.

Burglars Loot Jewellery Worth Millions From Indian Chain In 'Audacious' East London Raid

Campfire Bans, Backcountry Restrictions Lifted In B.C. As Wildfire Risk Drops

Campfire Bans, Backcountry Restrictions Lifted In B.C. As Wildfire Risk Drops
WILLIAMS LAKE, B.C. — Restrictions on travel to British Columbia's backcountry and bans on campfires were lifted in some parts of the province on Wednesday as improved conditions lowered the wildfire risk.

Campfire Bans, Backcountry Restrictions Lifted In B.C. As Wildfire Risk Drops

Fines Issued For Violating B.C. Campfire Ban After Photo Circulates

Fines Issued For Violating B.C. Campfire Ban After Photo Circulates
WILLIAMS LAKE, B.C. — The BC Wildfire Service says a $1,150 ticket for violating a campfire ban was issued after an investigation involving workers from the department.

Fines Issued For Violating B.C. Campfire Ban After Photo Circulates

Indian-Origin Fund Manager Mathew Martoma's Insider Trading Conviction Upheld

Indian-Origin Fund Manager Mathew Martoma's Insider Trading Conviction Upheld
Mathew Martoma, 43, was convicted in 2014 for his role as the “central figure” in the most lucrative insider trading scheme ever charged involving $275 million in illegal profits.

Indian-Origin Fund Manager Mathew Martoma's Insider Trading Conviction Upheld

Globe And Mail Journalist Nathan VanderKlippe Detained For Three Hours By Chinese Officials

Globe And Mail Journalist Nathan VanderKlippe Detained For Three Hours By Chinese Officials
The Globe and Mail says one of its journalists was detained while reporting in the Xinjiang region in western China.

Globe And Mail Journalist Nathan VanderKlippe Detained For Three Hours By Chinese Officials