Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Myanmar named World's Best Tourist Destination

Myanmar named World's Best Tourist Destination
Myanmar will be presented the award of World's Best Tourist Destination for 2014 by the European Union Council on Tourism and Trade soon, media reported Sunday.

Myanmar named World's Best Tourist Destination

Art of Living centre set on fire in Pakistan

Art of Living centre set on fire in Pakistan
Around 15 gunmen entered the centre at Bani Gala on the outskirts of Islamabad late Saturday and vandalised it after tying up the security guards to trees in the complex

Art of Living centre set on fire in Pakistan

MH370: Malaysian Airliner Yet Untraced; Terror Suspected

MH370: Malaysian Airliner Yet Untraced; Terror Suspected
The aircraft vanished without a trace about an hour after taking off from Kuala Lumpur early Saturday. The Boeing 777-200ER was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast Saturday into the South China Sea.

MH370: Malaysian Airliner Yet Untraced; Terror Suspected

Ted Turner hospitalised

Ted Turner hospitalised
Media Mogul Ted Turner was hospitalised in Argentina's capital Buenos Aires Saturday for an appendicitis operation.

Ted Turner hospitalised

Breaking: Flight carrying 239 people from Malaysia to Beijing crashes

Breaking: Flight carrying 239 people from Malaysia to Beijing crashes
The B777-200 aircraft departed from Malaysia's capital Kuala Lumpur early Saturday and was expected to land in Beijing the same day

Breaking: Flight carrying 239 people from Malaysia to Beijing crashes

Gambler Sues Las Vegas Casino for Letting Him Play Drunk

Gambler Sues Las Vegas Casino for Letting Him Play Drunk
Mark Johnston, will be taking legal action against Downtown Grand for lending him $500,000 and serving him drinks when he was visibly intoxicated. The 52-year-old is arguing that he should not be paying the debt as he was blackout drunk.

Gambler Sues Las Vegas Casino for Letting Him Play Drunk