As of Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2022, 89.6% (4,467,392) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.6% (4,167,276) have received their second dose.
In addition, 92.6% (4,291,424) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.9% (4,166,375) received their second dose and 41.3% (1,912,122) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.9% (4,019,925) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.4% (3,907,880) received their second dose and 44.2% (1,910,574) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 1,446 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 314,522 cases in the province.
Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.
There are 32,468 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 277,285 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 985 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 144 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 508 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 14,715
- 309 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 7,527
- 319 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 7,297
- 147 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 1,246
- 163 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 1,679
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: four
In the past 24 hours, one new death (Fraser Health) has been reported, for an overall total of 2,554.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreak at Kopernik Lodge (Vancouver Coastal Health) has been declared over, for a total of 63 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- New Vista Care Centre, George Derby Centre, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Mayfair Senior Living + Care, MSA Manor, Menno Hospital, Buchanan Lodge, St. Michael’s Centre, Eden Care Centre, Lakeshore Care Centre, Baillie House, Bevan Lodge (Fraser Health);
- Evergreen House, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Sun Pointe Village, Lakeview Lodge, Hamlets in Vernon, Brocklehurst Gemstone, Heritage Square, Village at Smith Creek, Westview Place, Pinegrove Care Centre, Mariposa Gardens, Joseph Creek Care Village, Hamlets at Penticton, Mount Ida Mews (Interior Health);
- Amica Douglas House, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Saanich Peninsula Hospital – long-term care, Oyster Harbour, Dufferin Place, Beacon Hill Villa, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Luther Court, Veterans Memorial Lodge, Sunset Lodge, Sidney Care Home, Eagle Ridge Manor, Sidney All Care, Sunrise of Victoria, Comox Valley Seniors Village, Fir Park Village, The Summit, Parkwood Court, Echo Village, Mount St. Mary Hospital, Arrowsmith Lodge and Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health)
- acute care:
- Surrey Memorial Hospital, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital, CareLife Fleetwood, Queen's Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
- Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health); and
- Royal Jubilee Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Crestview Village (Interior Health)
From Jan. 17-23, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 28.5% of cases.
From Jan. 10-23, they accounted for 29.6% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Jan. 17-23) - Total 13,537
- Not vaccinated: 3,083 (22.8%)
- Partially vaccinated: 774 (5.7%)
- Fully vaccinated: 9,680 (71.5%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Jan. 10-23) - Total 1,118
- Not vaccinated: 279 (25.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 51 (4.6%)
- Fully vaccinated: 788 (70.4%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 17-23)
- Not vaccinated: 396.9
- Partially vaccinated: 200.0
- Fully vaccinated: 236.1
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 10-23)
- Not vaccinated: 71.0
- Partially vaccinated: 40.9
- Fully vaccinated: 16.9
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,506,471 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.