Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

1,776 COVID19 cases for Wednesday

Darpan News Desk BC Government, 02 Feb, 2022 06:16 PM
  • 1,776 COVID19 cases for Wednesday

As of Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2022, 90% (4,483,908) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.1% (4,191,488) have received their second dose.

In addition, 92.8% (4,300,403) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.1% (4,176,902) received their second dose and 47% (2,178,899) have received a third dose.

Also, 93.1% (4,028,100) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.6% (3,917,417) received their second dose and 50.3% (2,176,872) have received a third dose.

B.C. is reporting 1,776 new cases of COVID-19, including four new epi-linked cases, for a total of 327,625 cases in the province.

There are 25,959 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 297,682 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 988 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 136 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

The new/active cases include:

  • 507 new cases in Fraser Health
    • Total active cases: 10,360
  • 248 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
    • Total active cases: 5,221
  • 602 new cases in Interior Health
    • Total active cases: 7,664
  • 197 new cases in Northern Health
    • Total active cases: 1,104
  • 222 new cases in Island Health
    • Total active cases: 1,593
  • no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
    • Total active cases: 17

In the past 24 hours, 18 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,643.

The new deaths include:

  • Fraser Health: four
  • Vancouver Coastal Health: seven
  • Interior Health: one
  • Island Health: six

MORE National ARTICLES

Alberta and Saskatchewan need COVID lockdowns: CMA

Alberta and Saskatchewan need COVID lockdowns: CMA
Dr. Katharine Smart, president of the national association, is urging the federal and provincial governments to take immediate action. The association is calling for short, controlled lockdowns, often called "firebreakers" or "circuit-breakers," which would close schools and non-essential businesses.

Alberta and Saskatchewan need COVID lockdowns: CMA

Bloc says unvaccinated Tory MPs should 'stay home'

Bloc says unvaccinated Tory MPs should 'stay home'
Questions remain about what the return to Parliament will look like for Canada's 338 representatives after the recent federal election saw the Liberals re-elected to a minority government.    

Bloc says unvaccinated Tory MPs should 'stay home'

B.C. overdose crisis unrelenting in July

B.C. overdose crisis unrelenting in July
The report comes less than a month after chief coroner Lisa Lapointe said January to June was the deadliest ever for drug toxicity in B.C. With data from July added, the report says the 1,204 suspected illicit drug toxicity deaths are the highest ever in the first seven months of a year — 28 per cent above the same period last year.    

B.C. overdose crisis unrelenting in July

652 COVID19 cases for Tuesday

652 COVID19 cases for Tuesday
British Columbia has recorded another 652 cases of COVID-19 and 2 related deaths, according to an update posted after officials announced new regional restrictions for part of the Lower Mainland. There has been an uptick in coronavirus hospitalizations to 316, up from 303 on Monday, with 141 patients in ICU.

652 COVID19 cases for Tuesday

Long-term care residents need boosters: NACI

Long-term care residents need boosters: NACI
The committee recommends long-term care residents and people living in seniors' homes receive another shot of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine — like Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna — as long as it has been six months since their last shot.

Long-term care residents need boosters: NACI

Alleged COVID-19 violator could lose B.C. condo

Alleged COVID-19 violator could lose B.C. condo
A message left with his lawyer was not immediately returned and Movassaghi has not responded to the forfeiture action, but court documents show he has until mid-October to reply.

Alleged COVID-19 violator could lose B.C. condo