As of Friday, Jan. 28, 2022, 89.8% (4,474,039) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.8% (4,174,992) have received their second dose.
In addition, 92.7% (4,295,487) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.0% (4,171,222) received their second dose and 43.9% (2,033,321) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.0% (4,023,652) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.5% (3,912,317) have received their second dose and 47.0% (2,031,592) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 2,137 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 321,043 cases in the province.
Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.
There are 30,515 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 286,134 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 990 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 141 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 740 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 12,928
- 394 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 6,788
- 569 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 7,969
- 170 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 1,170
- 264 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 1,654
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: six
In the past 24 hours, nine new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,597.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: five
- Vancouver Coastal Health: three
- Northern Health: one
There have been seven new health-care facility outbreaks at Residence at Clayton Heights (Fraser Health), Cottonwoods Care Centre (Interior Health), Nanaimo Regional General Hospital - fourth floor, Woodgrove Manor, Amica on the Gorge, The Gardens at Qualicum Beach and Cowichan District Hospital (Island Health). The outbreaks at Burnaby Hospital, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, The Mayfair Senior Living + Care, Baillie House, Lakeshore Care Centre, Bevan Lodge, St. Michael’s Centre (Fraser Health), Sunrise of Victoria and Amica Douglas House (Island Health) have been declared over, for a total of 58 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- George Derby Centre, Menno Hospital, Buchanan Lodge, Eden Care Centre, Cascade Lodge, Mountain View Manor, Queen's Park Care Centre, Royal City Manor, Residence at Clayton Heights (Fraser Health);
- Evergreen House, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Sun Pointe Village, Lakeview Lodge, Hamlets in Vernon, Heritage Square, Village at Smith Creek, Westview Place, Pinegrove Care Centre, Mariposa Gardens, Joseph Creek Care Village, Hamlets at Penticton, Mount Ida Mews, Cottonwoods Care Centre (Interior Health);
- Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Saanich Peninsula Hospital - long-term care, Oyster Harbour, Dufferin Place, Beacon Hill Villa, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Veterans Memorial Lodge, Sunset Lodge, Eagle Ridge Manor, Comox Valley Seniors Village, Fir Park Village, The Summit, Parkwood Court, Echo Village, Mount St. Mary Hospital, Arrowsmith Lodge, Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence, Woodgrove Manor, Amica on the Gorge and The Gardens at Qualicum Beach (Island Health)
- acute care:
- Surrey Memorial Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Peace Arch Hospital, CareLife Fleetwood, Queen's Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
- Royal Jubilee Hospital, Victoria General Hospital, Nanaimo Regional General Hospital and Cowichan District Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Crestview Village (Interior Health); and
- Nanaimo Seniors Village (Island Health)
Note: The update on cases and hospitalizations by vaccination status is unavailable today.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,640,763 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.