As of Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2021, 81.5% (3,777,588) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 67.9% (3,146,669) have received their second dose.
In addition, 82.4% (3,564,533) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 70.1% (3,033,200) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 342 new cases of COVID-19, including six epi-linked cases, for a total of 150,973 cases in the province.
There are currently 1,764 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 147,409 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 55 individuals are in hospital and 23 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 66 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 388
- 57 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 258
- 171 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 945
- 13 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 52
- 32 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 109
- three new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 12
In the past 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,772.
There are five active outbreaks in:
- long-term care: Holyrood Manor (Fraser Health), Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre and Brookhaven Care Centre (Interior Health)
- acute care: none
- assisted or independent living: none