As of Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 79.3% (3,674,169) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 47.3% (2,191,315) received their second dose.
In addition, 80.3% (3,475,111) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 50.5% (2,185,443) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 41 new cases of COVID-19, including four epi-linked cases, for a total of 148,228 cases in the province.
There are 639 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 145,817 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 65 individuals are currently in hospital and 11 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 11 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 165
- 10 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 258
- 16 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 157
- two new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 28
- one new case in Island Health
- Total active cases: 24
- one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada
- Total active cases: seven
In the past 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,760.
Currently, there is one active outbreak in:
- acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health)
- long-term care: none
- assisted or independent living: none