As of Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021, 89.2% (4,136,000) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.5% (3,870,709) have received their second dose.
In addition, 89.7% (3,879,091) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 84.2% (3,640,757) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 560 new cases of COVID-19, including eight epi-linked cases, for a total of 198,838 cases in the province.
There are 4,913 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 191,476 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 382 individuals are in hospital and 146 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
- 208 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 2,052
- 80 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 717
- 79 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 772
- 131 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 797
- 61 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 516
- one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 59
In the past 24 hours, five new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,086.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: two
- Northern Health: two
- Island Health: one
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at The Emerald at Elim Village (Fraser Health), for a total of 23 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Heritage Village (Fraser Health);
- Amica Lions Gate (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre (Interior Health); and
- Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
- acute care:
- Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health);
- University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital (Northern Health); and
- Tofino General Hospital (Island Health).
- assisted or independent living:
- Sunset Manor, Evergreen Manor, Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village (Fraser Health); and
- Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
From Oct. 11-17, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 67.1% of cases and from Oct. 4-17 they accounted for 75.5% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 11-17) – Total 3,997
- Not vaccinated: 2,407 (60.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 277 (6.9%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,313 (32.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 4-17) – Total 384
- Not vaccinated: 268 (69.8%)
- Partially vaccinated: 22 (5.7%)
- Fully vaccinated: 94 (24.5%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 11-17)
- Not vaccinated: 281.7
- Partially vaccinated: 81.2
- Fully vaccinated: 31.1
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 4-17)
- Not vaccinated: 45.2
- Partially vaccinated: 9.7
- Fully vaccinated: 2.1
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,073,677 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.