As of Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2021, 88.9% (4,120,063) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.7% (3,835,508) have received their second dose.
In addition, 89.4% (3,864,764) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 83.4% (3,609,210) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 605 new cases of COVID-19, including 18 epi-linked cases, for a total of 195,186 cases in the province.
There are 5,172 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 187,564 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 374 people are in hospital and 153 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
- 245 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 2,214
- 82 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 721
- 119 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 850
- 67 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 689
- 92 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 640
- No new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 58
In the past 24 hours, four new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,033.
The new deaths include:
- Northern Health: three
- Island Health: one
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Tofino General Hospital (Island Health). The outbreak at The Residence in Mission (Fraser Health) has been declared over, for a total of 19 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum (Fraser Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre (Interior Health); and
- Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
- acute care:
- Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health);
- University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health); and
- Tofino General Hospital (Island Health).
- assisted or independent living:
- Sunset Manor, Evergreen Manor (Fraser Health); and
- Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
From Oct. 5-11, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 68.0% of cases and from Sept. 28-Oct. 11, they accounted for 73.4% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 5-11) – Total 4,206
- Not vaccinated: 2,571 (61.1%)
- Partially vaccinated: 291 (6.9%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,344 (32.0%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 28-Oct. 11) – Total 346
- Not vaccinated: 229 (66.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 25 (7.2%)
- Fully vaccinated: 92 (26.6%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 5-11)
- Not vaccinated: 278.3
- Partially vaccinated: 80.5
- Fully vaccinated: 32.1
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 28-Oct. 11)
- Not vaccinated: 36.7
- Partially vaccinated: 10.7
- Fully vaccinated: 2.1
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,991,932 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.