As of Thursday, Oct. 7, 2021, 88.5% (4,103,158) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.1% (3,804,517) received their second dose.
In addition, 89.0% (3,849,682) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 82.8% (3,582,130) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 624 new cases of COVID-19, including four epi-linked cases, for a total of 191,748 cases in the province.
There are 5,929 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 183,406 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 373 individuals are in hospital and 132 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
- 258 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 2,323
- 78 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 823
- 118 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 1,142
- 91 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 813
- 79 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 770
- No new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 58
In the past 24 hours, four new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,996.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: one
- Vancouver Coastal Health: two
- Island Health: one
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreaks at Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health) and Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health) have been declared over, for a total of 16 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, The Residence in Mission, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, Village by the Station (Interior Health); and
- Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
- acute care:
- Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health);
- University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health); and
- Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health).
- assisted or independent living:
- Sunset Manor (Fraser Health); and
- Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
From Sept. 29-Oct. 5, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 70.8% of cases and from Sept. 22-Oct. 5, they accounted for 78.3% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Sept. 29-Oct. 5) – Total 4,840
- Not vaccinated: 3,117 (64.4%)
- Partially vaccinated: 309 (6.4%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,414 (29.2%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 22-Oct. 5) – Total 429
- Not vaccinated: 302 (70.4%)
- Partially vaccinated: 34 (7.9%)
- Fully vaccinated: 93 (21.7%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 29-Oct. 5)
- Not vaccinated: 304.2
- Partially vaccinated: 86.8
- Fully vaccinated: 34.3
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 22-Oct. 5)
- Not vaccinated: 46.1
- Partially vaccinated: 15.5
- Fully vaccinated: 2.1
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,921,070 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.