As of Friday, Oct. 22, 2021, 89.4% (4,145,426) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.9% (3,891,058) have received their second dose.
In addition, 89.9% (3,887,545) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 84.6% (3,659,100) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 649 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 200,898 cases in the province.
Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.
There are 5,106 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 193,325 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 365 individuals are currently in hospital and 143 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
- 281 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 2,051
- 61 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 693
- 88 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 778
- 130 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 980
- 89 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 545
- no new cases of a people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 59
In the last 24 hours, 13 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,109.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: two
- Vancouver Coastal Health: three
- Interior Health: three
- Northern Health: three
- Island Health: two
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreak at Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health) has been declared over, for a total of 25 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Heritage Village (Fraser Health);
- Amica Lions Gate (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House (Interior Health); and
- Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
- acute care:
- Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health);
- University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital, Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
- Tofino General Hospital (Island Health).
- assisted or independent living:
- Sunset Manor, Evergreen Manor, Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village and Swedish Assisted Living Residence (Fraser Health).
From Oct. 14-20, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 65.2% of cases.
From Oct. 7-20, they accounted for 77.0% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Oct. 14-20) – Total 4,480
- Not vaccinated: 2,584 (57.7%)
- Partially vaccinated: 338 (7.5%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,558 (34.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Oct. 7-20) – Total 452
- Not vaccinated: 322 (71.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 26 (5.8%)
- Fully vaccinated: 104 (23.0%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 14-20)
- Not vaccinated: 311.3
- Partially vaccinated: 99.5
- Fully vaccinated: 36.7
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 7-20)
- Not vaccinated: 55.7
- Partially vaccinated: 11.5
- Fully vaccinated: 2.3
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,120,458 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.