As of Thursday, Sept. 30, 2021, 88.0% (4,078,469) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, and 81.0% (3,756,363) have received their second dose.
In addition, 88.5% (3,827,508) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 81.8% (3,539,236) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 749 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 186,994 cases in the province.
Currently, 145 COVID-19 patients are in intensive care.
Note: The number of yesterday’s critical care COVID-19 confirmed cases has been changed to 142 from 146 after a correction from Interior Health.
The new/active cases include:
- 267 new cases in Fraser Health
- 113 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- 157 new cases in Interior Health
- 148 new cases in Northern Health
- 64 new cases in Island Health
- No new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
In the last 24 hours, 9 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,962.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: three
- Island Health: two
- Northern Health: one
- Vancouver Coastal Health: one
- Interior Health: two
There are no new outbreaks, for a total of 22 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Menno Terrace East, The Residence in Mission, Magnolia Gardens (Fraser Health);
- Arbutus Care Centre, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Cottonwoods Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander, Village by the Station (Interior Health);
- Wrinch Memorial Hospital, Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health); and
- Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health).
- acute care:
- University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health); and
- Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health).
- assisted or independent living:
- Sunset Manor, Hallmark on the Lake (Fraser Health);
- Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health), and
- Cooper Place (Vancouver Coastal Health).
When available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online:
From Sept. 22-28, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 71.2% of cases.
From Sept. 15-28, they accounted for 80.6% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Sept. 22-28) – Total 5,251
Not vaccinated: 3,367 (64.1%)
Partially vaccinated: 373 (7.1%)
Fully vaccinated: 1,511 (28.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Sept. 15-28) – Total 444
Not vaccinated: 317 (71.4%)
Partially vaccinated: 41 (9.2%)
Fully vaccinated: 86 (19.4%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 22-28)
Not vaccinated: 303.4
Partially vaccinated: 101.6
Fully vaccinated: 37.4
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 15-28)
Not vaccinated: 46.5
Partially vaccinated: 17.1
Fully vaccinated: 2.0
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,846,714 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.