As of Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2021, 87.1% (4,038,966) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 79.7% (3,692,922) received their second dose.
In addition, 87.7% (3,792,240) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 80.5% (3,482,742) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 759 new cases of COVID-19, including 25 epi-linked cases, for a total of 180,937 cases in the province.
There are 5,458 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 173,215 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 324 individuals are in hospital and 157 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
- 214 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 1,734
- 101 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 877
- 233 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 1,223
- 129 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 943
- 79 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 636
- three new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 45
In the past 24 hours, 10 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,910.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: seven
- Vancouver Coastal Health: two
- Island Health: one
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Sunset Manor (Fraser Health), for a total of 23 active outbreaks, including:
- long-term care: Northcrest Care Centre, Westminster House, Menno Terrace East (Fraser Health), Arbutus Care Centre, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village, Overlander (Interior Health), Jubilee Lodge (Northern Health) and Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Island Health)
- acute care: Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health), Fort St. John Hospital (Northern Health) and Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (Interior Health)
- assisted or independent living: Sunset Manor (Fraser Health), David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village and Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health)