As of Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 80.1% (3,711,930) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 55.6% (2,577,909) have received their second dose.
In addition, 81.1% (3,507,707) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 59.0% (2,552,325) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 78 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 148,641 cases in the province.
There are currently 729 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 146,142 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 48 individuals are currently in hospital and 16 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 21 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 198
- 23 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 255
- 31 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 222
- one new case in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 30
- two new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 18
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: six
In the last 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,763.
Currently, there are two active outbreaks in:
- acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health)
- long-term care: Holyrood Manor (Fraser Health)
- assisted or independent living: none