As of Thursday, July 22, 2021, 80.2% (3,717,929) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 56.9% (2,636,377) have received their second dose.
In addition, 81.2% (3,512,977) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 60.2% (2,605,052) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 89 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 148,730 cases in the province.
There are currently 781 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 146,178 people who tested positive have recovered.
Note that the numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.
Of the active cases, 53 individuals are currently in hospital and 15 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 30 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 219
- 18 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 263
- 37 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 244
- one new case in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 31
- three new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 18
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: six
In the last 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,763.
Currently, there are two active outbreaks in:
- acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health)
- long-term care: Holyrood Manor (Fraser Health)
- assisted or independent living: none