Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 9,332 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 264,181 cases in the province:
- Dec. 31, 2021 - Jan. 1, 2022: 4,033 new cases
- Jan. 1-2, 2022: 3,069 new cases
- Jan. 2-3, 2022: 2,230 new cases
Note: case counts provided today are preliminary.
The new cases include:
- 4,859 new cases in Fraser Health
- 1,797 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- 1,185 new cases in Interior Health
- 374 new cases in Northern Health
- 1,117 new cases in Island Health
Note: The Ministry of Health will return to regular reporting of COVID-19 cases, vaccinations, hospitalizations and deaths, and cases and hospitalizations by vaccination status, on Tuesday, Jan. 4.