Monday, May 18, 2026
ADVT 
National

Aldergrove Secondary Locked Down Briefly in Langley Over Fake Gun

Darpan News Desk, 09 May, 2017 11:28 AM
    Aldergrove Community Senior Secondary School was locked down for a short period of time this morning after a young male was seen in the school with a handgun.
     
    Police arrived quickly and ensured all entrances to the school were monitored until the student with the ‘handgun’ was found and taken into custody 14 minutes later.
     
    As it turns out, the ‘handgun’ was a prop used in the Drama Department of the school. The student posted a photograph of himself on Snapchat holding the gun in the school hallway.
     
    The school is one of the polling stations for today’s elections and was also locked down during this time.
     
    Polling stations are open once again and classes are back in session. 

    MORE National ARTICLES

    Woman, Her Mother And 2 Kids Die In Collision On Highway West Of Timmins, Ont.

    Woman, Her Mother And 2 Kids Die In Collision On Highway West Of Timmins, Ont.
    Ontario Provincial Police say the four members of a Chapleau, Ont., family died in a collision Thursday morning on Highway 101 in northeastern Ontario.

    Woman, Her Mother And 2 Kids Die In Collision On Highway West Of Timmins, Ont.

    Thieves Make Off With A Lot Of Cheese From Southwestern Ontario Business

    Thieves Make Off With A Lot Of Cheese From Southwestern Ontario Business
    Ontario Provincial Police say the Village Cheese Mill in South West Oxford Township, east of London, Ont., was broken into earlier this week and "a large quantity of cheese" was taken from a walk-in cooler.

    Thieves Make Off With A Lot Of Cheese From Southwestern Ontario Business

    Accused N.S. Doctor Gets Go-Ahead To Resume Practice — With A Chaperone

    Accused N.S. Doctor Gets Go-Ahead To Resume Practice — With A Chaperone
    NEW GLASGOW, N.S. — A Nova Scotia physician charged with voyeurism after medical clinic staff were surreptitiously filmed in the washroom has approval to practice again.

    Accused N.S. Doctor Gets Go-Ahead To Resume Practice — With A Chaperone

    Fort McMurray Fire Chiefs Retires, Says No Regrets In Handling Of Wildfire

    Fort McMurray Fire Chiefs Retires, Says No Regrets In Handling Of Wildfire
    Darby Allen celebrated his retirement by having cake with colleagues on Thursday.

    Fort McMurray Fire Chiefs Retires, Says No Regrets In Handling Of Wildfire

    Judge Ends Manslaughter Case Against N.B. Police Officers In Shooting

    Judge Ends Manslaughter Case Against N.B. Police Officers In Shooting
    Const. Patrick Bulger and Const. Mathieu Boudreau were charged in the death of 51-year-old Michel Vienneau, who was shot in his vehicle outside the Bathurst train station on Jan. 12, 2015.

    Judge Ends Manslaughter Case Against N.B. Police Officers In Shooting

    Six Men Face Charges After RCMP Foil Alleged Cape Breton Cocaine Conspiracy

    Six Men Face Charges After RCMP Foil Alleged Cape Breton Cocaine Conspiracy
    Mounties say six people face a total of 23 charges in the 18-month-long investigation, dubbed Operation Halfpenny.

    Six Men Face Charges After RCMP Foil Alleged Cape Breton Cocaine Conspiracy