Thursday, May 21, 2026
ADVT 
National

B.C. considers fourth COVID-19 dose: minister

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 31 Mar, 2022 05:35 PM
  • B.C. considers fourth COVID-19 dose: minister

VICTORIA - Health Minister Adrian Dix says the province is preparing to provide an update this Tuesday on potentially making a fourth COVID-19 dose available to vulnerable people in British Columbia.

The minister says discussions are underway about providing a second booster shot to clinically vulnerable people such as those in long-term care.

Dix told reporters B.C.'s COVID-19 strategy has always been to protect the most vulnerable and act on evidence that is reviewed daily.

B.C. reported two more COVID-19 deaths on Thursday, bringing the toll to 2,998 people.

The Ministry of Health also reports 281 people in hospital, with 42 in intensive care.

The ministry report says almost 91.1 per cent of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine and 57.5 per cent of those have had a booster shot.

MORE National ARTICLES

B.C. has no plans to cut gas taxes, Farnworth

B.C. has no plans to cut gas taxes, Farnworth
Alberta has responded by reducing its tax by 13-cents per litre on both gasoline and diesel. Farnworth says there's no simple solution to the rising fuel price situation as the cost rose above $2 a litre in Metro Vancouver.    

B.C. has no plans to cut gas taxes, Farnworth

Group opposes forced health transfers in B.C.

Group opposes forced health transfers in B.C.
Dying With Dignity says the service is being restricted because of an agreement that allows facilities covered by the Denominational Health Association to collect taxpayer dollars but refuse to perform services they oppose on religious or moral grounds. 

Group opposes forced health transfers in B.C.

Surrey's Vaisakhi parade cancelled third year in a row due to COVID19 concerns

Surrey's Vaisakhi parade cancelled third year in a row due to COVID19 concerns
The magnitude and planning of this event takes a full year to complete and given the tight turnaround between the constantly changing public health order restrictions being lifted and the scheduled date of the parade, organizers did not feel they could responsibly honour the importance and magnitude of the event in this timeline.    

Surrey's Vaisakhi parade cancelled third year in a row due to COVID19 concerns

Not all fleeing Ukraine offered Canadian haven

Not all fleeing Ukraine offered Canadian haven
The Canadian government is allowing Ukrainians who have fled Russian aggression to come to Canada temporarily for a period of two years "for those who need a safe haven while the war ravages their homeland," Immigration Minister Sean Fraser announced last week.

Not all fleeing Ukraine offered Canadian haven

Canada sanctions 10 more Russians over Ukraine war

Canada sanctions 10 more Russians over Ukraine war
The new sanctions came on the first stop of a four-country tour of Europe, as Trudeau meets allies from across the continent to discuss and co-ordinate the West’s response to Russia’s invasion.

Canada sanctions 10 more Russians over Ukraine war

Quick thinking 13 year-old has keen instincts for safety

Quick thinking 13 year-old has keen instincts for safety
Police say the girl refused the offer made while she was walking near the Steveston United Church late yesterday afternoon. They say she refused again when man then offered money as an enticement for a ride and immediately notified her mother after she arrived home.

Quick thinking 13 year-old has keen instincts for safety