Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
National

B.C. man found guilty in 2022 double homicide, attempted murder

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 11 Feb, 2025 04:26 PM
  • B.C. man found guilty in 2022 double homicide, attempted murder

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team says a man has been found guilty of a double murder and an attempted murder that happened in Surrey, B.C., more than two years ago.

It says that, on July 30, 2022, police responded to reports of a shooting at the South Surrey Athletic Park and found three people suffering from gunshot wounds.

The homicide team says Jordan Krishna and Robeen Soreni died of their injuries, while a third person was treated for life-threatening wounds.

The team took over the investigation and shortly after the deaths, 25-year-old Bryce Campbell was arrested and charged with two counts of second-degree murder and one count of attempted murder.

It says that on Monday a B.C. Supreme Court jury in New Westminster found Campbell guilty on all three charges. 

The homicide team says a sentencing hearing will be scheduled in the coming weeks, although a murder conviction carries an automatic life sentence, but a judge must still determine how long Campbell will have to wait until he's eligible for parole. 

MORE National ARTICLES

Fatal residential fire in North Cowichan

Fatal residential fire in North Cowichan
Mounties in North Cowichan are investigating after a residential fire resulted in a death. R-C-M-P says officers were called to the scene at around 9:30 a.m. on October 28th, which prompted responses from North Cowichan, Maple Bay, Crofton and Chemainus.

Fatal residential fire in North Cowichan

First of six units begin generating power at B.C.'s Site C dam

First of six units begin generating power at B.C.'s Site C dam
BC Hydro says the massive Site C dam project in northeastern British Columbia has started generating power. The provincial electric utility says in a statement that the first of six generating units on the Site C dam has begun operations after completing testing and commissioning procedures.

First of six units begin generating power at B.C.'s Site C dam

PM's national security adviser shared India interference allegations with counterpart

PM's national security adviser shared India interference allegations with counterpart
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's national security adviser says she shared the explosive allegations about Indian officials taking part in criminal activity in Canada with her counterpart in New Delhi before the RCMP went public with the news this month. Nathalie Drouin told the House of Commons national security committee today there was an effort to work with the Indian government to ensure accountability. 

PM's national security adviser shared India interference allegations with counterpart

Google exempt from Online News Act for five years, must pay news outlets $100M: CRTC

Google exempt from Online News Act for five years, must pay news outlets $100M: CRTC
The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission has granted Google a five-year exemption from the Online News Act, ordering it to release the $100 million it now owes to Canadian news outlets within 60 days. Google agreed last year to pay Canadian news publishers $100 million a year, indexed to inflation, in order to be exempt from the law, which compels tech companies to enter into agreements with news publishers to pay for content reposted on their platforms.

Google exempt from Online News Act for five years, must pay news outlets $100M: CRTC

'Nobody wants to blow up the party': Trudeau staying, despite resignation calls

'Nobody wants to blow up the party': Trudeau staying, despite resignation calls
Several Liberal MPs are calling for a secret ballot vote on Justin Trudeau's leadership after he made clear he isn't going anywhere in spite of the calls from within his caucus to step down.  Two dozen members of caucus signed a letter that gave Trudeau until Monday to respond to their demand for his resignation as party leader.

'Nobody wants to blow up the party': Trudeau staying, despite resignation calls

Coast guard's North Pacific patrol uncovers shark finning, dark vessels

Coast guard's North Pacific patrol uncovers shark finning, dark vessels
The Canadian Coast Guard ship Sir Wilfrid Laurier is back in its home port in Victoria after its crew swept the North Pacific for unreported and unregulated fishing. The coast guard says in a statement that its officers and support personnel found illegally harvested shark fins, evidence of fishing in closed season, unreported catches and instances of marine pollution.

Coast guard's North Pacific patrol uncovers shark finning, dark vessels