Saturday, February 21, 2026
ADVT 
National

B.C. man found guilty in 2022 double homicide, attempted murder

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 11 Feb, 2025 04:26 PM
  • B.C. man found guilty in 2022 double homicide, attempted murder

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team says a man has been found guilty of a double murder and an attempted murder that happened in Surrey, B.C., more than two years ago.

It says that, on July 30, 2022, police responded to reports of a shooting at the South Surrey Athletic Park and found three people suffering from gunshot wounds.

The homicide team says Jordan Krishna and Robeen Soreni died of their injuries, while a third person was treated for life-threatening wounds.

The team took over the investigation and shortly after the deaths, 25-year-old Bryce Campbell was arrested and charged with two counts of second-degree murder and one count of attempted murder.

It says that on Monday a B.C. Supreme Court jury in New Westminster found Campbell guilty on all three charges. 

The homicide team says a sentencing hearing will be scheduled in the coming weeks, although a murder conviction carries an automatic life sentence, but a judge must still determine how long Campbell will have to wait until he's eligible for parole. 

MORE National ARTICLES

Burnaby man charged with 2nd degree murder

Burnaby man charged with 2nd degree murder
A Burnaby man has been charged with second-degree murder for his involvement in a stabbing in Vancouver earlier this month. Vancouver police say the 29-year-old suspect was arrested on April 4th, a day after a 49-year-old woman was found dead just north of Fraserview Golf Course.

Burnaby man charged with 2nd degree murder

B.C. man who pushed senior during dispute outside Costco loses manslaughter appeal

B.C. man who pushed senior during dispute outside Costco loses manslaughter appeal
The B.C. Court of Appeal has upheld the manslaughter conviction of a man who claimed he lashed out in self defence, in part because of his claustrophobia, resulting in an elderly man's death at a Vancouver Costco in 2017.  A ruling released Monday says Thomas Toth was convicted of manslaughter in 2020, three years after he got into a physical altercation with 86-year-old Orlando Ocampo "that had tragic consequences." 

B.C. man who pushed senior during dispute outside Costco loses manslaughter appeal

B.C. to add 240 complex-care housing units in communities throughout the province

B.C. to add 240 complex-care housing units in communities throughout the province
British Columbia is planning to add 240 new units to its complex-care housing program, providing homes for people with mental-health and addictions challenges that overlap with other serious conditions. The Ministry of Mental Health and Addictions says in a statement 200 of the units will be located in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kamloops, Kelowna, Nanaimo, New Westminster, Prince George, Sechelt, Surrey, Vancouver and Victoria.

B.C. to add 240 complex-care housing units in communities throughout the province

B.C. port terminal among sites blocked in co-ordinated pro-Palestinian protests

B.C. port terminal among sites blocked in co-ordinated pro-Palestinian protests
A blockade by pro-Palestinian protesters at a major port terminal in Metro Vancouver disrupted operations for several hours before dispersing on Monday. Terminal operator GCT Canada said the protesters' actions were illegal and stopped container trucks from accessing the Deltaport facility by blocking the Roberts Bank causeway for several hours.   

B.C. port terminal among sites blocked in co-ordinated pro-Palestinian protests

B.C. woman found dead after alleged abduction, man arrested: RCMP

B.C. woman found dead after alleged abduction, man arrested: RCMP
An RCMP investigation into the alleged abduction of a woman from Lumby, B.C., has turned into a probe of a suspicious death. Mounties say in a statement that officers with the North Okanagan detachment found the woman's body in a rural area on Sunday, and a man believed to have been involved was arrested in the vicinity. 

B.C. woman found dead after alleged abduction, man arrested: RCMP

B.C. celebrates 10 billion seedlings planted since 1930

B.C. celebrates 10 billion seedlings planted since 1930
British Columbia officials are celebrating the planting of 10 billion seedlings since reforestation efforts began nearly a century ago. A statement from the Forests Ministry says two billion of those seedlings have been planted in the last seven years.

B.C. celebrates 10 billion seedlings planted since 1930