Saturday, February 21, 2026
ADVT 
National

B.C. man found guilty in 2022 double homicide, attempted murder

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 11 Feb, 2025 04:26 PM
  • B.C. man found guilty in 2022 double homicide, attempted murder

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team says a man has been found guilty of a double murder and an attempted murder that happened in Surrey, B.C., more than two years ago.

It says that, on July 30, 2022, police responded to reports of a shooting at the South Surrey Athletic Park and found three people suffering from gunshot wounds.

The homicide team says Jordan Krishna and Robeen Soreni died of their injuries, while a third person was treated for life-threatening wounds.

The team took over the investigation and shortly after the deaths, 25-year-old Bryce Campbell was arrested and charged with two counts of second-degree murder and one count of attempted murder.

It says that on Monday a B.C. Supreme Court jury in New Westminster found Campbell guilty on all three charges. 

The homicide team says a sentencing hearing will be scheduled in the coming weeks, although a murder conviction carries an automatic life sentence, but a judge must still determine how long Campbell will have to wait until he's eligible for parole. 

MORE National ARTICLES

Text message scam in Nanaimo

Text message scam in Nanaimo
Mounties in Nanaimo say a text message scam is making its way through the community claiming drivers owe money for speeding in a school zone. Investigators say the bogus text was received by dozens of individuals throughout the Okanagan.

Text message scam in Nanaimo

B.C. warns of 'identical' government payment website made by 'malicious actors'

B.C. warns of 'identical' government payment website made by 'malicious actors'
The British Columbia government is warning people about a scam involving its PayBC website, where an "identical fake website" is collecting personal and credit card information.  The PayBC site gives residents a secure place to pay their bills or for services from the provincial government, but it says it has become aware of phishing attempts against users. 

B.C. warns of 'identical' government payment website made by 'malicious actors'

Environment Canada issues dust advisory for central and northern B.C.

Environment Canada issues dust advisory for central and northern B.C.
Environment Canada has added a dust advisories for a large section of central and northern British Columbia in response to "high concentrations of coarse particulate matter" that it says is most prominent near busy roads. The new advisories are up for the regions of Prince George, the Lakes District and Bulkley Valley, covering Smithers, Prince George, Vanderhoof and Houston.

Environment Canada issues dust advisory for central and northern B.C.

First airlift for Canadians fleeing Haiti is complete after weather delay

First airlift for Canadians fleeing Haiti is complete after weather delay
A spokeswoman for Foreign Affairs Minister Mélanie Joly says 18 Canadians were brought out of Haiti by helicopter this morning. On Monday, Joly had said the 18 had already left, but Global Affairs Canada has clarified that their departure was put off due to bad weather.

First airlift for Canadians fleeing Haiti is complete after weather delay

Canadian bridges are safe, officials say after U.S. bridge rammed by ship, collapses

Canadian bridges are safe, officials say after U.S. bridge rammed by ship, collapses
Canadian authorities are trying to reassure the public about the safety of bridges in the country following the collapse of a bridge in Baltimore, Md., early this morning after it was rammed by a container ship.

Canadian bridges are safe, officials say after U.S. bridge rammed by ship, collapses

King George SkyTrain Station to remain closed for 6 weeks as of April

King George SkyTrain Station to remain closed for 6 weeks as of April
TransLink says the King George SkyTrain Station will be closed for approximately six weeks starting next month. A statement says the closure starting April 27th will allow essential maintenance work to happen and the Expo Line in Surrey will temporarily end at Surrey Central Station.

King George SkyTrain Station to remain closed for 6 weeks as of April