Thursday, May 21, 2026
ADVT 
National

B.C. officials clarify COVID-19 restrictions

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 24 Nov, 2020 12:46 AM
  • B.C. officials clarify COVID-19 restrictions

British Columbia health officials are working to clear up confusion surrounding health restriction guidelines announced last week.

Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix spent part of their news conference today explaining what counts as an event or social gathering.

Non-essential travel is not recommended across the province, and worship services along with community and social events have been suspended.

Henry and Dix announced 1,933 new cases of COVID-19 over the past three days, along with 17 additional deaths for a total of 348.

It brings the province's total to 27,407, with 7,360 active cases.

Groups ranging from religious organizations to theatres have expressed confusion over the specifics of the plan, including what counts as an event.

MORE National ARTICLES

Campaign fundraising error less than $10K: Greens

Campaign fundraising error less than $10K: Greens
The party says in a statement today it has forwarded $9,630 from 35 donors to Murray's campaign, and added under 10 people to the membership list whose memberships weren't properly approved.

Campaign fundraising error less than $10K: Greens

Liberals retool infrastructure bank funding

Liberals retool infrastructure bank funding
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said the three-year plan would create 60,000 jobs by expanding access to high-speed internet, building out agricultural irrigation infrastructure in western provinces and greening transit fleets.

Liberals retool infrastructure bank funding

Second hospital worker fired after woman's death

Second hospital worker fired after woman's death
The regional health authority that represents the Joliette hospital confirmed today that a patient attendant who was at Joyce Echaquan's bedside has been fired.

Second hospital worker fired after woman's death

No word on when Desmond inquiry will resume

No word on when Desmond inquiry will resume
Provincial Justice Minister Mark Furey confirmed Thursday that work is underway to either expand the existing hearing room or find a larger venue to ensure the inquiry can comply with physical distancing protocols.

No word on when Desmond inquiry will resume

Government to propose hybrid Senate sittings

Government to propose hybrid Senate sittings
Frustration over the Senate's failure to find a way to resume full operations in the midst of the pandemic prompted some senators Wednesday to block Gold's attempt to speed Bill C-4 through the chamber.

Government to propose hybrid Senate sittings

Two people in B.C. accused in fake refugee claims

Two people in B.C. accused in fake refugee claims
The agency alleges the offences involved people originating from Central Europe and took place between 2002 and 2014.

Two people in B.C. accused in fake refugee claims