Tuesday, May 19, 2026
ADVT 
National

Brothers, 14 and 18, facing charges after deadly Calgary shooting Calgary

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 14 Nov, 2023 04:26 PM
  • Brothers, 14 and 18, facing charges after deadly Calgary shooting Calgary

Police in Calgary say charges are pending against two brothers following a shooting Monday that killed one man and injured two others.

Investigators responded to a call Monday afternoon in a northeast Calgary shopping mall and found the man dead.

Another man and a woman were wounded and taken to hospital, where they are in stable condition.

Police say charges are expected to be laid against the two brothers, who are 14 and 18. 

An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.

Police say investigators believe the attack was targeted and connected to an ongoing organized crime conflict in Calgary.

 

MORE National ARTICLES

Man in court on murder charge of B.C. Mountie

Man in court on murder charge of B.C. Mountie
Jongwon Ham appeared virtually in court on Wednesday after a significant delay wearing a red shirt, a beard and his black hair reached past his shoulders. Ham was ordered remanded until Nov. 24 while he worked on getting a lawyer. The 37-year-old has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of RCMP Const. Shaelyn Yang.

Man in court on murder charge of B.C. Mountie

Vancouver Police investigates after security guard threatened with knife

Vancouver Police investigates after security guard threatened with knife
The incident happened on October 27 at around 7:30 p.m., after security for Hotel Georgia asked the suspect, who was loitering in the breezeway of the hotel, to leave the area. The suspect pulled a knife from his jacket and approached the security guard.

Vancouver Police investigates after security guard threatened with knife

B.C. woman's remains found 32 years after death

B.C. woman's remains found 32 years after death
RCMP say the human remains were discovered last month in Connaught Hill Park. Police say with the help of the BC Coroners Service, it was able to identify the remains as those of Donna Charlie, who was killed in 1990.

B.C. woman's remains found 32 years after death

Surrey man charged in connection to uttering threats to an American journalist

Surrey man charged in connection to uttering threats to an American journalist
On November 10, 2022, 38 year-old Nicholas Sullivan was charged with five counts of uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm through social media. He is scheduled to appear in court later this month.

Surrey man charged in connection to uttering threats to an American journalist

Xi confronts and warns Trudeau over media briefing

Xi confronts and warns Trudeau over media briefing
"Everything we discuss has been leaked to the paper; that's not appropriate," Xi told Trudeau through an interpreter who was with Xi when the pair met at an event during the G20 summit.

Xi confronts and warns Trudeau over media briefing

No mask mandate for B.C.: health officer

No mask mandate for B.C.: health officer
Dr. Bonnie Henry said while influenza cases are up, 90 per cent of people in the province have some immunity to the COVID-19 virus through vaccination, infection or both. Henry said masks are an important tool, but they should be used in situations where it makes sense, including in health-care settings.

No mask mandate for B.C.: health officer