Friday, May 22, 2026
ADVT 
National

Canada issues deportation orders, cancels visas for Iranian regime members

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 25 Jun, 2025 12:02 PM
  • Canada issues deportation orders, cancels visas for Iranian regime members

The federal border agency says three people have been found ineligible to remain in Canada in recent years for being senior officials of the Iranian regime.

The Canada Border Services Agency says deportation orders were issued for all three and one has been removed from Canada.

In 2022, Ottawa declared Iran's leaders — including senior government and security agency officials — inadmissible to Canada due to involvement in terrorism and human rights violations.

The border agency says the designation, which was expanded last year, denies any senior official of the regime access to Canada in the first place.

It also allows the agency to take immigration enforcement action against any regime member who came to Canada before or after the designation.

The current hostilities between Israel and Iran have drawn more attention to the possible activities of Iranian regime members in Canada.

Picture Courtesy: THE CANADIAN PRESS/Darryl Dyck

MORE National ARTICLES

Dozens of avian flu infections in farms

Dozens of avian flu infections in farms
BC poultry farmers are on high alert as dozens of avian flu infections have raced through farms.  Shawn Hall with the B-C Poultry Association says the industry has raised its biosecurity level to red, the highest level, as infections increase this fall. 

Dozens of avian flu infections in farms

Explosion destroys Calgary townhouse, four people injured

Explosion destroys Calgary townhouse, four people injured
The Calgary Fire Department says investigators are working to find out what caused a townhouse explosion in the city's southeast that injured four people.  Crews were called Thursday afternoon to the Mahogany neighbourhood and, while en route, they saw flames and a large plume of smoke from several blocks away. 

Explosion destroys Calgary townhouse, four people injured

First Nation considers legal options as B.C. approves mining permit 'without consent'

First Nation considers legal options as B.C. approves mining permit 'without consent'
The Xatśull First Nation says it is "disappointed" that British Columbia's Mines Ministry has granted an operating permit for the Cariboo Gold Mine without meeting its leadership or obtaining the nation's consent. The mine is on the nation's territory in central B.C. and it issued a statement earlier this month calling for the project to be halted until the nation had given its consent.

First Nation considers legal options as B.C. approves mining permit 'without consent'

New B.C. storm brings 100 km/h winds with some Vancouver Island homes still in dark

New B.C. storm brings 100 km/h winds with some Vancouver Island homes still in dark
BC Hydro is warning customers in remote areas of Vancouver Island that they may be without power until late Saturday, as winds from another powerful storm hit the coast. The latest in a series of fall storms has brought gusts up to 100 km/h but Environment Canada says it isn't as strong as the bomb cyclone that knocked out power to more than 300,000 properties this week.

New B.C. storm brings 100 km/h winds with some Vancouver Island homes still in dark

Jury deliberations begin in trial of human smuggling, frozen migrant family

Jury deliberations begin in trial of human smuggling, frozen migrant family
Jurors began deliberations Friday in the trial of two men accused of human smuggling across the Canada-U.S. border between Manitoba and Minnesota. They are tasked with deciding whether to convict or acquit Steve Shand and Harshkumar Patel on four charges.

Jury deliberations begin in trial of human smuggling, frozen migrant family

Canada Post losses top $300M as strike enters second week

Canada Post losses top $300M as strike enters second week
Canada Post saw hundreds of millions of dollars drain out of its coffers last quarter, due largely to its dwindling share of the parcels market — while an ongoing strike continues to batter its bottom line. The Crown corporation said Friday it lost $315 million before tax in the third quarter, larger than its $290 million loss a year earlier.

Canada Post losses top $300M as strike enters second week