Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

Decision On Allan Schoenborn'S Request For Limited Release Not Immediately Due

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 11 Jan, 2019 08:54 PM

    COQUITLAM, B.C. — The lawyer for the man who killed his three children and was found not criminally responsible because of a mental disorder says a BC Review Board will need at least a month to decide the latest request for temporary absences from a psychiatric facility.

     

    Rishi Gill says Allan Schoenborn was before the review board Thursday requesting limited, staff-supported community outings.


    Schoenborn has been held at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital in Coquitlam, B.C., since 2010, after being convicted of killing his 10-year-old daughter and two sons, aged eight and five, in April 2008.


    A B.C. Supreme Court trial heard Schoenborn believed he was saving them from a life of sexual and physical abuse.


    Since then, a B.C. Supreme Court judge has ruled against an application to have Schoenborn declared a dangerous offender.


    In 2015, the review board gave the psychiatric hospital the discretion to grant Schoenborn escorted outings.

     

    MORE National ARTICLES

    B.C. Premier, Green Leader Support Electoral Reform At Referendum Rally

    B.C. Premier, Green Leader Support Electoral Reform At Referendum Rally
    VICTORIA — Those for and against changing British Columbia's provincial voting system to a form proportional representation will soon have a say as residents begin receiving referendum ballots in their mail boxes.

    B.C. Premier, Green Leader Support Electoral Reform At Referendum Rally

    Surrey Assault Victim Dies In Hospital After Fleeing From Police

    Surrey Assault Victim Dies In Hospital After Fleeing From Police
    Later, at approximately 2:40 p.m., on October 21, Surrey RCMP was notified by the BC Coroner Service that the adult male victim had died in the hospital as a result of his injuries.

    Surrey Assault Victim Dies In Hospital After Fleeing From Police

    16-Yr-Old Boy Hospitalized In Surrey Stabbing

    16-Yr-Old Boy Hospitalized In Surrey Stabbing
    A 16-year-old male is in hospital after he was stabbed in Surrey Monday night.

    16-Yr-Old Boy Hospitalized In Surrey Stabbing

    Foreign Nationals Seeking Indian Visas Must Reveal All Criminal Records Now

    Foreign Nationals Seeking Indian Visas Must Reveal All Criminal Records Now
    Foreign nationals applying for Indian visas will now have to declare their criminal records as part of the new visa format approved by the Government to check child sexual abuse and a range of other crimes by travellers.

    Foreign Nationals Seeking Indian Visas Must Reveal All Criminal Records Now

    Surrey Man Arrested, Charged With Wife's Murder

    Surrey Man Arrested, Charged With Wife's Murder
    Rizig Bona was charged Oct. 19 with the slaying of 42-year-old Anida Magaya.

    Surrey Man Arrested, Charged With Wife's Murder

    Canadian Rapper Jon James McMurray Dies After Falling Off Airplane Wing In Failed Stunt

    Jon James McMurray died Saturday filming a project he had been working on for months, a statement from the team said. He trained "intensively" for the stunt, it said.

    Canadian Rapper Jon James McMurray Dies After Falling Off Airplane Wing In Failed Stunt