Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
National

Dispute over Taylor Swift tickets lands in front of B.C. civil tribunal

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 04 Dec, 2024 10:42 AM
  • Dispute over Taylor Swift tickets lands in front of B.C. civil tribunal

A British Columbia woman and her daughter will be attending one of Taylor Swift's coveted Eras Tour shows in Vancouver, but only after a provincial tribunal ordered her friend to hand over tickets.

Friends Jacquelyn Kambere and Kimara Young ended up in front of the Civil Resolution Tribunal after Young got a code allowing her to buy Swift tickets when they went on sale last year.

Kambere said the pair had agreed that if either of them secured tickets they would purchase four and split the cost so that the women could also take their two daughters to the show.

Kambere told the tribunal that Young did not hold up her end of the deal, and refused to transfer the tickets, while Young denied the parties had any agreement.

Tribunal member Megan Stewart reviewed text messages between the two women and found that they had worked together to try to increase their odds of getting a code, and that Young offered to buy tickets for Kambere.

The decision ordered Young to transfer Kambere two tickets and said that Kambere had to pay the value of the tickets, pegged at $1,147.70.

 

MORE National ARTICLES

Driver dead, passenger injured in highway crash near Savona

Driver dead, passenger injured in highway crash near Savona
Police in British Columbia's southern Interior say a single-vehicle crash on the Trans-Canada Highway east of Savona has killed one person.  RCMP say they were called Sunday to respond to the crash involving two women from the Metro Vancouver community of Port Coquitlam.

Driver dead, passenger injured in highway crash near Savona

Third person dies in Listeria outbreak linked to plant-based milks

Third person dies in Listeria outbreak linked to plant-based milks
The Public Health Agency of Canada says a third person has died in a Listeria outbreak connected to Great Value and Silk plant-based milks. The agency says there are now 20 confirmed cases of listeriosis in Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia and Alberta. 

Third person dies in Listeria outbreak linked to plant-based milks

Chief human-rights commissioner resigns after investigation into Israel comments

Chief human-rights commissioner resigns after investigation into Israel comments
The recently appointed chief commissioner of the Canadian Human Rights Commission said Monday that he agreed to resign after an investigation into his past comments related to Israel. Birju Dattani has previously denied allegations that he made anti-Israel statements, including what Conservatives characterize as a "justification of terrorism."

Chief human-rights commissioner resigns after investigation into Israel comments

Thunderstorms, lightning in forecast with more than 400 wildfires burning in B.C.

Thunderstorms, lightning in forecast with more than 400 wildfires burning in B.C.
Little rain and a lot of lightning is fuelling wildfire activity in British Columbia.  The BC Wildfire service says lightning has been the spark behind more than 80 per cent of nearly 260 new blazes over the last week.

Thunderstorms, lightning in forecast with more than 400 wildfires burning in B.C.

One dead after vehicle reportedly crosses highway median in Nanaimo

One dead after vehicle reportedly crosses highway median in Nanaimo
Police on Vancouver Island are investigating a two-vehicle highway crash that killed one person over the weekend. Nanaimo RCMP say witnesses told police they saw the driver of a car cross the median on the Nanaimo Parkway and hit an SUV head on. 

One dead after vehicle reportedly crosses highway median in Nanaimo

Jasper wildfire evacuees can start returning to townsite on Friday

Jasper wildfire evacuees can start returning to townsite on Friday
People who live in Jasper, Alta., will be allowed to return to the community on Friday, but wildfire officials say they should not expect to spend the night in their homes. Town incident commander Christine Nadon told reporters it's a blanket re-entry to allow everyone to come back at once. 

Jasper wildfire evacuees can start returning to townsite on Friday