Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
National

Dispute over Taylor Swift tickets lands in front of B.C. civil tribunal

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 04 Dec, 2024 10:42 AM
  • Dispute over Taylor Swift tickets lands in front of B.C. civil tribunal

A British Columbia woman and her daughter will be attending one of Taylor Swift's coveted Eras Tour shows in Vancouver, but only after a provincial tribunal ordered her friend to hand over tickets.

Friends Jacquelyn Kambere and Kimara Young ended up in front of the Civil Resolution Tribunal after Young got a code allowing her to buy Swift tickets when they went on sale last year.

Kambere said the pair had agreed that if either of them secured tickets they would purchase four and split the cost so that the women could also take their two daughters to the show.

Kambere told the tribunal that Young did not hold up her end of the deal, and refused to transfer the tickets, while Young denied the parties had any agreement.

Tribunal member Megan Stewart reviewed text messages between the two women and found that they had worked together to try to increase their odds of getting a code, and that Young offered to buy tickets for Kambere.

The decision ordered Young to transfer Kambere two tickets and said that Kambere had to pay the value of the tickets, pegged at $1,147.70.

 

MORE National ARTICLES

B.C. NDP ministers Bains, Ralston and Fleming won't seek re-election

B.C. NDP ministers Bains, Ralston and Fleming won't seek re-election
Three provincial New Democrat ministers have announced they won't seek re-election in British Columbia's fall vote. Harry Bains, Bruce Ralston and Rob Fleming were all first elected in 2005 and have served five terms in the legislature, but say they will not stand on Oct. 19.

B.C. NDP ministers Bains, Ralston and Fleming won't seek re-election

Creating proposed online harms regulators could cost $200 million: budget watchdog

Creating proposed online harms regulators could cost $200 million: budget watchdog
The parliamentary budget officer estimates that staffing up the new regulators in the Liberals' Online Harms Act will cost around $200 million over five years.  The federal government wants to establish a Digital Safety Commission to regulate social-media companies and force them to limit harmful content online. 

Creating proposed online harms regulators could cost $200 million: budget watchdog

Federal government announces $19M for Science World upgrades in B.C.

Federal government announces $19M for Science World upgrades in B.C.
Infrastructure Canada says $19 million in upgrades to Vancouver's Science World will increase the facility's lifespan and reduce its energy consumption by more than 40 per cent. The federal government says the money will go toward repairing Science World's geodesic dome, the building envelope, and fixes to its heating, electrical and ventilation systems. 

Federal government announces $19M for Science World upgrades in B.C.

Woman dies in weekend drowning

Woman dies in weekend drowning
Mounties on the upper Sunshine Coast say a 29-year-old woman is dead after an apparent drowning over the weekend. They say it happened on Sunday near the barge terminal on Savary Island off the coast of Lund, north of Powell River.

Woman dies in weekend drowning

B.C. government to launch online portal to combat 'bad faith' evictions

B.C. government to launch online portal to combat 'bad faith' evictions
The Ministry of Housing says the Landlord Use Web Portal will go live on July 18, and will require landlords to generate eviction notices under the Residential Tenancy Act's provision allowing tenants to be evicted from a unit if a family member or caretaker intends to move in. 

B.C. government to launch online portal to combat 'bad faith' evictions

Irish prime minister 'appalled' by Canadian tourist's death after alleged assault

Irish prime minister 'appalled' by Canadian tourist's death after alleged assault
Ireland's prime minister says he's "absolutely appalled" by an assault in the country's capital that resulted in the death of a tourist from Montreal. Simon Harris today described Neno Dolmajian's death in Dublin as "reprehensible" and "horrific" and told parliament the death is now being investigated as a murder.

Irish prime minister 'appalled' by Canadian tourist's death after alleged assault