Sunday, February 15, 2026
ADVT 
National

Dispute over Taylor Swift tickets lands in front of B.C. civil tribunal

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 04 Dec, 2024 10:42 AM
  • Dispute over Taylor Swift tickets lands in front of B.C. civil tribunal

A British Columbia woman and her daughter will be attending one of Taylor Swift's coveted Eras Tour shows in Vancouver, but only after a provincial tribunal ordered her friend to hand over tickets.

Friends Jacquelyn Kambere and Kimara Young ended up in front of the Civil Resolution Tribunal after Young got a code allowing her to buy Swift tickets when they went on sale last year.

Kambere said the pair had agreed that if either of them secured tickets they would purchase four and split the cost so that the women could also take their two daughters to the show.

Kambere told the tribunal that Young did not hold up her end of the deal, and refused to transfer the tickets, while Young denied the parties had any agreement.

Tribunal member Megan Stewart reviewed text messages between the two women and found that they had worked together to try to increase their odds of getting a code, and that Young offered to buy tickets for Kambere.

The decision ordered Young to transfer Kambere two tickets and said that Kambere had to pay the value of the tickets, pegged at $1,147.70.

 

MORE National ARTICLES

B.C. Muslim Association wants Conservative candidate removed for 'time bomb' post

B.C. Muslim Association wants Conservative candidate removed for 'time bomb' post
In a letter to the party and Surrey South candidate Brent Chapman, the association says a statement like the one he posted on Facebook nine years ago "promotes division and hate" and it's imperative he be asked to step down.

B.C. Muslim Association wants Conservative candidate removed for 'time bomb' post

No jail time after fatal 2020 stabbing at Vancouver's former Biltmore Hotel

No jail time after fatal 2020 stabbing at Vancouver's former Biltmore Hotel
The sentencing decision by B.C. provincial court Judge Reginald Harris says 31-year-old Anthony Woods must instead continue to live at a recovery home in the Interior for the first year of his two-year conditional sentence. 

No jail time after fatal 2020 stabbing at Vancouver's former Biltmore Hotel

B.C. billionaire posts third large sign criticizing NDP ahead of the election

B.C. billionaire posts third large sign criticizing NDP ahead of the election
British Columbia billionaire Chip Wilson has put up yet another billboard message to voters, his third post outside his multimillion-dollar mansion in NDP Leader David Eby's own riding.  The latest sign outside the Lululemon co-founder's home says that if Eby and his party can't balance B.C.'s budget then “what right does he have to tell us how to live our lives?”

B.C. billionaire posts third large sign criticizing NDP ahead of the election

Trudeau repeats call for Lebanon ceasefire after third Canadian killed in conflict

Trudeau repeats call for Lebanon ceasefire after third Canadian killed in conflict
The prime minister offered condolences today to the family of a Canadian who was killed in the ongoing fighting in Lebanon. Justin Trudeau reiterated Canada's call for a ceasefire in Lebanon and in Gaza when he spoke with reporters at the Association of Southeast Asian Nations Summit in Laos.

Trudeau repeats call for Lebanon ceasefire after third Canadian killed in conflict

As ASEAN Summit wraps, Trudeau says Canada needs to keep showing up in Southeast Asia

As ASEAN Summit wraps, Trudeau says Canada needs to keep showing up in Southeast Asia
Canada needs to keep up its presence in Southeast Asia if it wants to benefit from the region's economic boom, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Friday as he wrapped up his visit to Laos. Trudeau participated in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations Summit this week, marking the third consecutive time he's attended the annual meeting.

As ASEAN Summit wraps, Trudeau says Canada needs to keep showing up in Southeast Asia

Police probe clears seven Vancouver officers in beating death of Myles Gray

Police probe clears seven Vancouver officers in beating death of Myles Gray
Seven Vancouver police officers involved in the beating death of Myles Gray nine years ago have been cleared of wrongdoing by a police discipline authority. The Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner said it was reviewing the decision over the 2015 death of Gray, which was classified as a homicide by a coroner's inquest last year.

Police probe clears seven Vancouver officers in beating death of Myles Gray