Sunday, May 17, 2026
ADVT 
National

Four Dead, Two Missing In Small Plane Crash In Quebec

The Canadian Press, 24 Aug, 2015 11:38 AM
    LES BERGERONNES, Que. — Quebec provincial police say four people are dead and two others are missing after a seaplane crashed on the province's North Shore.
     
    Police have said the Air Saguenay plane carrying six people went down in a wooded area on Sunday, six kilometres from the community of Bergeronnes.
     
    Surete du Quebec spokesman Jean Tremblay says a search is underway for the two who are missing.
     
    Provincial police say they were contacted Sunday afternoon and were told the plane could not be found.
     
    They say the wreckage was not accessible by road, and was located with the help of parachutists from the Canadian Armed Forces.
     
    The Transportation Safety Board has sent a team of investigators to the crash site, where they will determine the best way to reach the aircraft.
     
    Canadian Armed Forces search and rescue and Air Force personnel are aiding in the rescue and recovery efforts.
     
    Air Saguenay vice-president Jean Tremblay said the Beaver seaplane was taking part in a routine sightseeing flight departing from Lac Long in Tadoussac.
     
    Tremblay told The Canadian Press on Monday the flight was only supposed to last 20 minutes. It wasn't windy and visibility was clear on Sunday.
     
    "It was perfect conditions," Tremblay said, who offered his sympathies to families who lost loved ones in the crash.
     
    The pilot of the aircraft had more than 6,000 hours of flying experience — all with Air Saguenay, where he'd worked for the past 14 years.
     
    Tremblay said the Beaver seaplane had about 25,000 hours of flight time.
     
    The airline upgraded its security system after another of its seaplanes crashed in bad weather in 2010, killing four of the six people on board.
     
    It describes itself as an airline which provides charters for fishing, hunting and mining exploration.

    MORE National ARTICLES

    Public Not At Risk After Targeted Slaying Of 47 Year Old Man In Kelowna: RCMP

    Public Not At Risk After Targeted Slaying Of 47 Year Old Man In Kelowna: RCMP
    Mounties issued a news release saying they were called to a home in the Rutland area, northeast of Kelowna, at about 12:40 Tuesday morning.

    Public Not At Risk After Targeted Slaying Of 47 Year Old Man In Kelowna: RCMP

    Ottawa Man Working In Edmonton Wins $12.5 Million In Lotto Max; 1 Of 4 Who Shared $50 Million

    Ottawa Man Working In Edmonton Wins $12.5 Million In Lotto Max; 1 Of 4 Who Shared $50 Million
    Eddy Mushibuka had been working in Alberta and bought his ticket at a Safeway Gas Bar in west Edmonton in June.

    Ottawa Man Working In Edmonton Wins $12.5 Million In Lotto Max; 1 Of 4 Who Shared $50 Million

    Government Abruptly Drops Supreme Court Appeal On Overseas CSIS Spying

    Government Abruptly Drops Supreme Court Appeal On Overseas CSIS Spying
    The court agreed to take the case after federal lawyers argued for guidance on whether CSIS needed a warrant to seek allied help in spying on Canadians abroad.

    Government Abruptly Drops Supreme Court Appeal On Overseas CSIS Spying

    Indian And Filipino Communities Worry New Citizenship Rules Are Stigmatizing Them

    Indian And Filipino Communities Worry New Citizenship Rules Are Stigmatizing Them
    OTTAWA — Dual citizens say they're concerned the government's new powers to take away Canadian citizenship are stigmatizing certain communities.

    Indian And Filipino Communities Worry New Citizenship Rules Are Stigmatizing Them

    Alleged 'Sexsomniac' Ryan Hartman Who Admits To Raping Woman Wins New Trial

    Alleged 'Sexsomniac' Ryan Hartman Who Admits To Raping Woman Wins New Trial
    A man who admitted to raping a sleeping woman years after being convicted of sexually assaulting her won a new trial Monday after arguing he was also asleep at the time of the attack.

    Alleged 'Sexsomniac' Ryan Hartman Who Admits To Raping Woman Wins New Trial

    About 9,000 Out Of Homes In Northern Saskatchewan As Wildfires Continue To Burn

    About 9,000 Out Of Homes In Northern Saskatchewan As Wildfires Continue To Burn
    Emergency officials say the wildfire situation in northern Saskatchewan remains critical and about 9,000 people are out of their homes.

    About 9,000 Out Of Homes In Northern Saskatchewan As Wildfires Continue To Burn