Thursday, May 21, 2026
ADVT 
National

Four Dead, Two Missing In Small Plane Crash In Quebec

The Canadian Press, 24 Aug, 2015 11:38 AM
    LES BERGERONNES, Que. — Quebec provincial police say four people are dead and two others are missing after a seaplane crashed on the province's North Shore.
     
    Police have said the Air Saguenay plane carrying six people went down in a wooded area on Sunday, six kilometres from the community of Bergeronnes.
     
    Surete du Quebec spokesman Jean Tremblay says a search is underway for the two who are missing.
     
    Provincial police say they were contacted Sunday afternoon and were told the plane could not be found.
     
    They say the wreckage was not accessible by road, and was located with the help of parachutists from the Canadian Armed Forces.
     
    The Transportation Safety Board has sent a team of investigators to the crash site, where they will determine the best way to reach the aircraft.
     
    Canadian Armed Forces search and rescue and Air Force personnel are aiding in the rescue and recovery efforts.
     
    Air Saguenay vice-president Jean Tremblay said the Beaver seaplane was taking part in a routine sightseeing flight departing from Lac Long in Tadoussac.
     
    Tremblay told The Canadian Press on Monday the flight was only supposed to last 20 minutes. It wasn't windy and visibility was clear on Sunday.
     
    "It was perfect conditions," Tremblay said, who offered his sympathies to families who lost loved ones in the crash.
     
    The pilot of the aircraft had more than 6,000 hours of flying experience — all with Air Saguenay, where he'd worked for the past 14 years.
     
    Tremblay said the Beaver seaplane had about 25,000 hours of flight time.
     
    The airline upgraded its security system after another of its seaplanes crashed in bad weather in 2010, killing four of the six people on board.
     
    It describes itself as an airline which provides charters for fishing, hunting and mining exploration.

    MORE National ARTICLES

    B.C. Government To Review Spreading Of Treated Human Waste In Nicola Valley

    B.C. Government To Review Spreading Of Treated Human Waste In Nicola Valley
    MERRITT, B.C. — The B.C. government has announced it will conduct a scientific review of biosolids, or treated human waste, that is being spread across parts of the Nicola Valley.

    B.C. Government To Review Spreading Of Treated Human Waste In Nicola Valley

    Appeal Hearing Granted For B.C. Man Convicted In Teen's 2011 Halloween Death

    Appeal Hearing Granted For B.C. Man Convicted In Teen's 2011 Halloween Death
    Twenty-nine-year-old Matthew Foerster was convicted of first-degree murder in April last year and sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for 25 years.

    Appeal Hearing Granted For B.C. Man Convicted In Teen's 2011 Halloween Death

    Confession In Toddler's Death Unreliable: Victoria Judge After Not-guilty Guilt

    Confession In Toddler's Death Unreliable: Victoria Judge After Not-guilty Guilt
    VICTORIA — A 31-year-old Victoria man has been found not guilty of second-degree murder in the April 2008 death of a toddler in his care.

    Confession In Toddler's Death Unreliable: Victoria Judge After Not-guilty Guilt

    Sex Allegations Against Sen. Don Meredith Referred Top Ethics Officer

    Sex Allegations Against Sen. Don Meredith Referred Top Ethics Officer
    OTTAWA — The battered Senate was reeling from yet another body blow Thursday as published allegations that Sen. Don Meredith was having a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl were referred to the Senate ethics officer.

    Sex Allegations Against Sen. Don Meredith Referred Top Ethics Officer

    Pediatricians Urged To Be On The Lookout For Eating Disorder Among Young Kids

    Pediatricians Urged To Be On The Lookout For Eating Disorder Among Young Kids
    TORONTO — Family doctors and pediatricians should be on the lookout for a poorly understood eating disorder in which children severely restrict the types of foods they will eat, a pair of eating disorder experts say.

    Pediatricians Urged To Be On The Lookout For Eating Disorder Among Young Kids

    Transportation Safety Board Sent To Site Of Fishing Accident Off Newfoundland

    Transportation Safety Board Sent To Site Of Fishing Accident Off Newfoundland
    PLACENTIA BAY, N.L. — The Transportation Safety Board is sending a team to Newfoundland's Placentia Bay after the bodies of three crab fishermen were recovered.

    Transportation Safety Board Sent To Site Of Fishing Accident Off Newfoundland