Friday, May 22, 2026
ADVT 
National

Four Year Old Boy Missing In Northern B.C. Wilderness Found Unharmed

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 19 Aug, 2019 07:43 PM

    MACKENZIE, B.C. - The frantic search for a four-year-old boy who went missing in northern British Columbia came to a happy conclusion Sunday when the child was found safe and sound.

     

    The boy reportedly became separated from his mother while they were picking berries Saturday afternoon in MacKenzie, B.C.

     

    Within half an hour some 200 people — volunteers, search and rescue, Conservation officers, local firefighters, and BC Wildfire service personnel — had joined the search effort.

     

    Late Sunday afternoon the child, named George, was spotted by an RCMP helicopter, and soon after was rescued by a police dog unit.

     

    The boy's stepmother is reported to have said he was hungry and dehydrated, but otherwise unharmed, and that he'd been taken to a hospital to be checked out.

    MORE National ARTICLES

    Toronto Defends How Sick Baby Was Helped At Raptors Parade, Infant Later Died

    Toronto Defends How Sick Baby Was Helped At Raptors Parade, Infant Later Died
    TORONTO — The City of Toronto is defending how police and paramedics dealt with a sick baby in the massive crowd that turned out for the Raptors NBA championship victory parade earlier this month.

    Toronto Defends How Sick Baby Was Helped At Raptors Parade, Infant Later Died

    Canada Has 'Broad International Coalition' Of Support On China File: Freeland

    Freeland, who spoke to reporters alongside her cabinet colleague Finance Minister Bill Morneau, said China has been hearing about the detention of two Canadians from a range of countries, adding that efforts continue here at the summit.

    Canada Has 'Broad International Coalition' Of Support On China File: Freeland

    Supreme Court To Rule On Use Of Sexual History In Edmonton Assault Trial

    Supreme Court To Rule On Use Of Sexual History In Edmonton Assault Trial
    OTTAWA — A Supreme Court decision due this morning could clarify the law on how much of the history between a complainant and a person accused in a sexual-assault case can be brought into court.    

    Supreme Court To Rule On Use Of Sexual History In Edmonton Assault Trial

    Canada Puts Its Faith In Trump In High-stakes Meeting Between U.S., China

    Canada is pinning hopes for freedom for two Canadians detained in China since December on a meeting Donald Trump is to have with China's Xi Jinping tomorrow.

    Canada Puts Its Faith In Trump In High-stakes Meeting Between U.S., China

    Supreme Court Tells Judges To Take Care, Be Clear On Use Of 'Rape-shield' Law

    Supreme Court Tells Judges To Take Care, Be Clear On Use Of 'Rape-shield' Law
    OTTAWA — Canada's top court has issued a stern warning about allowing evidence of past sexual history in sex-assault trials, telling judges to be strict with jurors on how such details can be used.

    Supreme Court Tells Judges To Take Care, Be Clear On Use Of 'Rape-shield' Law

    Montreal's New Samuel De Champlain Bridge Officially Inaugurated

    Montreal's new Samuel de Champlain Bridge was officially inaugurated today, and will fully open to traffic on Canada Day.

    Montreal's New Samuel De Champlain Bridge Officially Inaugurated