Vancouver Police are warning the public that a convicted sex offender, John Ambrose Seward, will be residing in Vancouver and poses a significant risk to women in the community.
Seward, 33, is currently serving a 10-year Long Term Supervision Order for convictions of sexual assault, sexual assault with a weapon and aggravated assault.
Seward is Indigenous, five feet eight inches tall, and has a medium build. He has short black hair and brown eyes. Seward has “MS” tattooed on his left hand, flames on his left forearm and a cross on his right forearm.
While living in the community Seward must comply with the following conditions:
- he cannot consume, purchase or possess alcohol;
- he cannot consume, purchase or possess drugs other than prescribed medication;
- he cannot associate with any person believed to be involved in criminal activity or substance misuse;
- he must immediately report all contacts with females to his parole supervisor;
- he cannot go to Central Vancouver Island (Ladysmith, Nanaimo, Parksville);
- he cannot be in, near, or around any park;
- he must reside at a Community Correctional Centre or a Community Residential Facility or other residential facility.
Anyone who witnesses John Seward in violation of any of these conditions is asked to call 9-1-1.