Friday, May 22, 2026
ADVT 
National

Key legal document leaked online

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 07 Dec, 2023 10:57 AM
  • Key legal document leaked online

The Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General says it is launching an investigation into how a sensitive law enforcement document was leaked on social media.

A statement from the ministry says Abbotsford police and the province’s anti-gang agency have become aware of a sensitive law enforcement intelligence document being put on a social media site last month. 

The provincial director of police services has appointed the R-C-M-P Major Crime Unit to investigate.

The ministry says it won’t make further comment since the case is under investigation

MORE National ARTICLES

Parks Canada says whirling disease could decimate fish, respect B.C. closures

Parks Canada says whirling disease could decimate fish, respect B.C. closures
Parks Canada officials say they're closely watching lakes and rivers in Kootenay and Yoho national parks for a parasite that could "decimate" as much as 90 per cent of young trout and salmon. The first suspected case of the disease in British Columbia was found in September in Emerald Lake, in Yoho National Park, prompting the closure of the lake and other nearby waterways. 

Parks Canada says whirling disease could decimate fish, respect B.C. closures

Hundreds arrested for shoplifting in latest Vancouver police blitz

Hundreds arrested for shoplifting in latest Vancouver police blitz
A police crackdown on violent and chronic shoplifters in Vancouver has ended in 258 arrests and the recovery of almost $57,000 in stolen goods.  Vancouver police say the arrests were made during a two-week operation in September, which was co-ordinated with other Lower Mainland police departments, resulting in another 82 arrests in Delta, Langley, Richmond and Burnaby. 

Hundreds arrested for shoplifting in latest Vancouver police blitz

U.S. man lost at sea is rescued by Canadian crew west of Vancouver Island

U.S. man lost at sea is rescued by Canadian crew west of Vancouver Island
Sharp-eyed mariners on a Canadian vessel have rescued a U.S. man, one day after the United States Coast Guard ended its search for a commercial fishing boat from Washington state with two people aboard. U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Steve Strohmaier says crew aboard the Canadian fish boat Ocean Sunset spotted a life-raft drifting in open ocean far west of Vancouver Island on Thursday.  

U.S. man lost at sea is rescued by Canadian crew west of Vancouver Island

At United Nations, Canada to speak about humanitarian pauses in Israel-Hamas war

At United Nations, Canada to speak about humanitarian pauses in Israel-Hamas war
Canada's ambassador to the United Nations is expected to speak later today about a UN effort to establish a temporary pause in the conflict between Israel and Hamas in Gaza.  Bob Rae will take the podium on Day 2 of a special emergency session of the UN General Assembly as delegates debate a draft resolution calling for a pause in hostilities. 

At United Nations, Canada to speak about humanitarian pauses in Israel-Hamas war

Canada Border Services Agency alerts guards to look out for wanted Maine gunman

Canada Border Services Agency alerts guards to look out for wanted Maine gunman
The Canada Border Services Agency issued Thursday an "armed and dangerous" alert to officers stationed along the Canada-U.S. border, warning them to be on the lookout for the man suspected of fatally shooting 18 people in southern Maine. The shootings were reported Wednesday night in Lewiston, about 260 kilometres southwest of the New Brunswick border.

Canada Border Services Agency alerts guards to look out for wanted Maine gunman

U.S. man sentenced to 20 years in prison for sex exploitation of 3 B.C. children

U.S. man sentenced to 20 years in prison for sex exploitation of 3 B.C. children
An Oregon man has been sentenced to 20 years in a U.S. federal prison for sexually exploiting three British Columbia children. RCMP say 37-year-old Kevin McCarty of Happy Valley, Ore., used social media to stalk the children online, then coerced them into making and sharing sexually explicit photos and videos of themselves.

U.S. man sentenced to 20 years in prison for sex exploitation of 3 B.C. children