Monday, May 18, 2026
ADVT 
National

Man Charged With 11 Break-Ins, Looking For Female ‘Associate’: Surrey RCMP

Darpan News Desk, 28 Oct, 2019 04:57 PM

    Surrey RCMP is informing the public of a prolific offender that has been charged following a string of break and enters.


    Following an increase in break and enter incidents over the summer, the Surrey RCMP Property Crime Target Team led a focused investigation on this increased activity. The incidents occurred across Surrey, spanning the Whalley/City Centre, Newton, Guildford, and Cloverdale areas.


    This investigation resulted in the arrest of 39 year-old David Lawson, who was arrested on September 11, 2019, and remanded in custody. Lawson is now charged with 11 counts of Break and Enter, multiple counts of Driving While Prohibited and Breach of his Probation Conditions, as well as two fraud-related charges.


    The investigation also revealed that Tessa-Lee Wahpooseywan, an associate of Lawson, was involved in two of the break and enter incidents. A warrant has now been issued for Wahpooseywan (see attached photo) for two counts of Break and Enter.


    Just one prolific offender like Mr. Lawson can cause a significant statistical increase in a particular crime type and can also affect the public’s feeling of safety and security, said Inspector Mike Hall, Surrey RCMP Proactive Enforcement Officer. Our specialized teams are committed to investigating and arresting prolific offenders who try to erode the safety of our neighbourhoods.


    Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Wahpooseywan is asked to call Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502 or, if you wish to make an anonymous report, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or www.solvecrime.ca.

    MORE National ARTICLES

    Independent Investigation Begins Into Langley RCMP Response To Langley Teen Carson Crimeni's Death

    The office that looks into all cases of police-involved deaths or serious injuries in British Columbia says it is examining what role two Langley RCMP officers may have played in the death of a 14-year-old boy

    Independent Investigation Begins Into Langley RCMP Response To Langley Teen Carson Crimeni's Death

    B.C. Father Takes Stand At Trial, Denies Killing Daughters And Attempting Suicide

    A Vancouver Island man testified Wednesday that he didn't kill his two daughters and denied he tried to take his own life on the day they died.

    B.C. Father Takes Stand At Trial, Denies Killing Daughters And Attempting Suicide

    Border Official Questioned Meng On Alleged Business In Iran: Court Documents

    VANCOUVER - Court documents released ahead of a Huawei executive's extradition trial suggest a Canadian border official questioned Meng Wanzhou about her business before RCMP arrested her.

    Border Official Questioned Meng On Alleged Business In Iran: Court Documents

    RCMP Originally Planned To Arrest Meng Wanzhou On Plane, Defence Lawyers Say

    RCMP Originally Planned To Arrest Meng Wanzhou On Plane, Defence Lawyers Say
    In court documents released Tuesday, the defence alleges a "co-ordinated strategy" to have the RCMP delay the arrest, so that border officials could question Meng under the pretence of a "routine immigration check."    

    RCMP Originally Planned To Arrest Meng Wanzhou On Plane, Defence Lawyers Say

    Ontario Government Releases Updated Sexual-Education Curriculum

    Ontario Government Releases Updated Sexual-Education Curriculum
    The Ontario government has released the new sexual-education curriculum, replacing a much-criticized teaching plan brought in after the Progressive Conservatives took power last year.

    Ontario Government Releases Updated Sexual-Education Curriculum

    Cases Against Two St. Mike's Students Accused In Alleged Sex Assaults Concluded

    Cases Against Two St. Mike's Students Accused In Alleged Sex Assaults Concluded
    TORONTO - The cases against two students accused in alleged sex assaults at a private Toronto school have concluded.    

    Cases Against Two St. Mike's Students Accused In Alleged Sex Assaults Concluded