Tuesday, May 19, 2026
ADVT 
National

Man dead in 'targeted' daylight shooting at Surrey, B.C., business

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 05 May, 2026 04:33 PM
  • Man dead in 'targeted' daylight shooting at Surrey, B.C., business

Homicide investigators say a deadly daylight shooting at a business in Surrey, B.C., on Monday afternoon is believed to have been a "targeted incident."

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team says a man in his 30s is dead after being shot at his place of work on the second floor of a business complex near 130th Street and 76 Ave. 

Police say the investigation is in its "infancy" as they try and figure out a motive for the shooting, which claimed the life of a man with no criminal record and no indication he was the target of extortion threats. 

They say in a statement that homicide police are working with the victim's family on a timeline that led up to the fatal encounter. 

The homicide team say it's now looking for dash camera footage from anyone in the area between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Monday. 

"This was a brazen shooting that showed a complete disregard for public safety, and it is fortunate that no one else was injured,” spokeswoman Sgt. Freda Fong said. 

Surrey police said Monday that officers were called to the business in the 13000 block of 76 Avenue at about 3 p.m. Monday and found a man who had been shot.

Officers and paramedics attempted life-saving measures, but the man was declared dead at the scene, and homicide investigators took over the case.

Police said no arrests have been made in the case and there is no information to share about a suspect.

Picture Courtesy: THE CANADIAN PRESS/Ethan Cairns

MORE National ARTICLES

Union vote on Canada Post contract offer set to wrap up Friday afternoon

Union vote on Canada Post contract offer set to wrap up Friday afternoon
Voting is set to wrap up at 5 p.m., with results expected to be shared shortly after.

Union vote on Canada Post contract offer set to wrap up Friday afternoon

Premiers Smith, Moe disappointed by Trump's tariffs but most exports remain duty-free

Premiers Smith, Moe disappointed by Trump's tariffs but most exports remain duty-free
Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe says the Canada-United States-Mexico trade agreement remains in place, allowing 95 per cent of his province's exports to move into the United States tariff-free. 

Premiers Smith, Moe disappointed by Trump's tariffs but most exports remain duty-free

Alberta company fined $210K in death of worker who fell through roof

Alberta company fined $210K in death of worker who fell through roof
The province says the worker had been replacing a building's metal roof near Mildred Lake, north of Edmonton, in 2023.

Alberta company fined $210K in death of worker who fell through roof

Transport committee meeting to study BC Ferries' $1B loan for Chinese ships

Transport committee meeting to study BC Ferries' $1B loan for Chinese ships
The House of Commons transport committee launched a study of the Canada Infrastructure Bank loan today.

Transport committee meeting to study BC Ferries' $1B loan for Chinese ships

Number of active wildfires in B.C. jumps to 120, with half started in last 24 hours

Number of active wildfires in B.C. jumps to 120, with half started in last 24 hours
The BC Wildfire Service said Friday that half of the fires had been started since late Wednesday as lightning storms swept across the province. 

Number of active wildfires in B.C. jumps to 120, with half started in last 24 hours

Carney disappointed after Trump hits Canada with 35 per cent tariffs

Carney disappointed after Trump hits Canada with 35 per cent tariffs
"While we will continue to negotiate with the United States on our trading relationship, the Canadian government is laser focused on what we can control: building Canada strong," Carney said in a media statement released just after midnight.

Carney disappointed after Trump hits Canada with 35 per cent tariffs