Wednesday, May 20, 2026
ADVT 
National

Man dead in 'targeted' daylight shooting at Surrey, B.C., business

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 05 May, 2026 04:33 PM
  • Man dead in 'targeted' daylight shooting at Surrey, B.C., business

Homicide investigators say a deadly daylight shooting at a business in Surrey, B.C., on Monday afternoon is believed to have been a "targeted incident."

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team says a man in his 30s is dead after being shot at his place of work on the second floor of a business complex near 130th Street and 76 Ave. 

Police say the investigation is in its "infancy" as they try and figure out a motive for the shooting, which claimed the life of a man with no criminal record and no indication he was the target of extortion threats. 

They say in a statement that homicide police are working with the victim's family on a timeline that led up to the fatal encounter. 

The homicide team say it's now looking for dash camera footage from anyone in the area between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Monday. 

"This was a brazen shooting that showed a complete disregard for public safety, and it is fortunate that no one else was injured,” spokeswoman Sgt. Freda Fong said. 

Surrey police said Monday that officers were called to the business in the 13000 block of 76 Avenue at about 3 p.m. Monday and found a man who had been shot.

Officers and paramedics attempted life-saving measures, but the man was declared dead at the scene, and homicide investigators took over the case.

Police said no arrests have been made in the case and there is no information to share about a suspect.

Picture Courtesy: THE CANADIAN PRESS/Ethan Cairns

MORE National ARTICLES

18th annual Surrey Fusion Festival returns to Holland Park on July 19

18th annual Surrey Fusion Festival returns to Holland Park on July 19
Attendees can experience this year’s theme, Flavours of the World, at over 50 cultural pavilions, who will offer their country’s tasty authentic cuisine.

18th annual Surrey Fusion Festival returns to Holland Park on July 19

Toxic gas leak injures four workers, 80 evacuated, in Burnaby, B.C.

Toxic gas leak injures four workers, 80 evacuated, in Burnaby, B.C.
The Burnaby Fire Department says in a statement that they responded to a report of an airborne chemical in the 8,000-block of Wiggins Street late Thursday. 

Toxic gas leak injures four workers, 80 evacuated, in Burnaby, B.C.

Some of the best-known Canadian UFO sightings over the years

Some of the best-known Canadian UFO sightings over the years
Oct. 4, 1967, Shag Harbour, N.S.: Witnesses reported seeing a row of lights descending and entering the water. Emergency crews, including the RCMP and the Coast Guard, responded under the assumption of a plane crash, but no wreckage was found. 

Some of the best-known Canadian UFO sightings over the years

Canadian Union of Postal Workers urges workers to reject contract offer

Canadian Union of Postal Workers urges workers to reject contract offer
A strong no vote would not only reject the offer, but also protect the integrity of the bargaining process, union national president Jan Simpson wrote in a Thursday letter to members. 

Canadian Union of Postal Workers urges workers to reject contract offer

Canada, New Zealand settle trade dispute regarding supply management of dairy sector

Canada, New Zealand settle trade dispute regarding supply management of dairy sector
The Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership includes certain quotas for countries to export dairy at preferred tariff rates into other member countries.

Canada, New Zealand settle trade dispute regarding supply management of dairy sector

Mother of girl with rare disease says "nightmare is over" after B.C. restores funding

Mother of girl with rare disease says
Charleigh Pollock is the only person in B.C. to have Batten disease, and her mother Jori Fales says in a social post that she is "beyond grateful" for "all the beautiful humans that have moved mountains" for her daughter.

Mother of girl with rare disease says "nightmare is over" after B.C. restores funding