Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

Man dead in 'targeted' daylight shooting at Surrey, B.C., business

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 05 May, 2026 04:33 PM
  • Man dead in 'targeted' daylight shooting at Surrey, B.C., business

Homicide investigators say a deadly daylight shooting at a business in Surrey, B.C., on Monday afternoon is believed to have been a "targeted incident."

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team says a man in his 30s is dead after being shot at his place of work on the second floor of a business complex near 130th Street and 76 Ave. 

Police say the investigation is in its "infancy" as they try and figure out a motive for the shooting, which claimed the life of a man with no criminal record and no indication he was the target of extortion threats. 

They say in a statement that homicide police are working with the victim's family on a timeline that led up to the fatal encounter. 

The homicide team say it's now looking for dash camera footage from anyone in the area between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Monday. 

"This was a brazen shooting that showed a complete disregard for public safety, and it is fortunate that no one else was injured,” spokeswoman Sgt. Freda Fong said. 

Surrey police said Monday that officers were called to the business in the 13000 block of 76 Avenue at about 3 p.m. Monday and found a man who had been shot.

Officers and paramedics attempted life-saving measures, but the man was declared dead at the scene, and homicide investigators took over the case.

Police said no arrests have been made in the case and there is no information to share about a suspect.

Picture Courtesy: THE CANADIAN PRESS/Ethan Cairns

MORE National ARTICLES

Political, health leaders among more than 80 new appointees to the Order of Canada

Political, health leaders among more than 80 new appointees to the Order of Canada
The list includes Marc-André Blanchard, who takes over in July as Prime Minister Mark Carney's chief of staff. Blanchard previously worked as a lawyer and as Canada’s ambassador and permanent representative to the United Nations.

Political, health leaders among more than 80 new appointees to the Order of Canada

CFIB says internal trade barriers coming down, but patchwork could create challenges

CFIB says internal trade barriers coming down, but patchwork could create challenges
The organization's latest "internal trade report card" grades the federal and provincial governments based on factors related to interprovincial and territorial co-operation. It said Nova Scotia ranked highest in its 2025 evaluation, as the first province to introduce and implement mutual recognition legislation.

CFIB says internal trade barriers coming down, but patchwork could create challenges

Alberta byelection called for Aug. 18, giving Poilievre path back to House of Commons

Alberta byelection called for Aug. 18, giving Poilievre path back to House of Commons
Prime Minister Mark Carney has set Aug. 18 as the date for the byelection to choose Kurek's replacement.

Alberta byelection called for Aug. 18, giving Poilievre path back to House of Commons

U.S. and Canada restart trade talks following conflict over digital services tax

U.S. and Canada restart trade talks following conflict over digital services tax
U.S. President Donald Trump suspended trade talks with Canada on Friday over the tax.

U.S. and Canada restart trade talks following conflict over digital services tax

Police intelligence behind B.C. call for Bishnoi gang's terror listing: minister

Police intelligence behind B.C. call for Bishnoi gang's terror listing: minister
Garry Begg, who is also solicitor general, said Thursday that the provincial government was providing $100,000 to set up a 60-day Crime Stoppers awareness campaign for victims in an effort to encourage witnesses to come forward.

Police intelligence behind B.C. call for Bishnoi gang's terror listing: minister

B.C.'s Interior health authority confirms additional measles cases

B.C.'s Interior health authority confirms additional measles cases
The update comes after the health authority issued a statement on Tuesday saying it had confirmed a single measles case in Kamloops.

B.C.'s Interior health authority confirms additional measles cases