Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

Military cuts more than 50 unvaccinated troops

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 03 Feb, 2022 10:59 AM
  • Military cuts more than 50 unvaccinated troops

OTTAWA - The Department of National Defence says dozens of Canadian Armed Forces members who refused to get vaccinated have now been kicked out of the military.

Release proceedings have started for hundreds of others facing the same fate, unless they roll up their sleeves for the COVID-19 shot.

Chief of the defence staff Gen. Wayne Eyre ordered all military personnel be fully vaccinated by mid-December.

Defence Department spokesman Daniel Le Bouthillier says 58 troops have since been kicked out of service for refusing to get their jabs.

Notices were given to 246 others, which is the first step toward forcing service members out of uniform.

Another 66 unvaccinated troops have voluntarily left the Canadian Armed Forces, which has been dealing with a personnel shortage already exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.

 

MORE National ARTICLES

Experts forecast health effects of wildfire smoke

Experts forecast health effects of wildfire smoke
While the longer-term health effects of exposure to wildfire smoke have yet to be thoroughly studied, linkages between disease, death and air pollution in general offer hints, said Dr. Courtney Howard, an emergency physician in Yellowknife.

Experts forecast health effects of wildfire smoke

B.C. wildfires: Cooler weather provides some help

B.C. wildfires: Cooler weather provides some help
Karley Desrosiers, fire information officer with the BC Wildfire Service, said 275 fires were burning Friday, down from about 300 earlier in the week.

B.C. wildfires: Cooler weather provides some help

112 COVID19 cases for Friday

112 COVID19 cases for Friday
B.C. is reporting 112 new cases of COVID-19, including six epi-linked cases, for a total of 148,842 cases in the province.

112 COVID19 cases for Friday

Hiker missing for two weeks in B.C. park found

Hiker missing for two weeks in B.C. park found
A statement from Squamish RCMP says the hiker missing in the park for two weeks was found safe on Thursday.  A search for 33-year-old Daniel Ring began July 9.

Hiker missing for two weeks in B.C. park found

Former B.C. clerk pleads not guilty to five counts

Former B.C. clerk pleads not guilty to five counts
The charges came after an RCMP investigation into spending by senior staff on personal expenses at the provincial legislature.

Former B.C. clerk pleads not guilty to five counts

Woman bitten by coyote in Vancouver's Stanley Park

Woman bitten by coyote in Vancouver's Stanley Park
A statement posted on social media says a woman suffered minor injuries when she was bitten on the leg while jogging along the seawall on Wednesday night.

Woman bitten by coyote in Vancouver's Stanley Park