Wednesday, May 20, 2026
ADVT 
National

Motorists Will Begin Driving On New Mckenzie Interchange Bridge Starting Thursday

Darpan News Desk, 10 Oct, 2019 05:24 PM

    Another milestone will be reached at the McKenzie interchange project on Thursday, Oct. 10, 2019, when traffic is transitioned to the new bridge over the highway.


    Beginning at 8 p.m., the contractor will start the process of moving traffic from the current McKenzie Avenue/Admirals Road alignment to the new bridge.


    Motorists can expect lane closures and single lane traffic on Highway 1 overnight as line painting is completed and traffic is redirected. All work will be completed before the morning rush.


    The traffic signal timing has been tested over the last week. The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure will continue to monitor the signal timing on the new alignment and adjust as necessary to ensure traffic is moving as efficiently as possible.


    By moving McKenzie/Admirals traffic to the new bridge, the contractor can finish the excavation and construction of Highway 1. Traffic will be free-flowing on Highway 1 this winter.


    Motorists are advised to drive with care through the project site and obey all signage and posted speed limits.

    MORE National ARTICLES

    B.C. River Unsafe For Crews After Slide But Blocked Fish Could Be Moved: DFO

    Salmon blocked from migrating upstream to spawning grounds could be trapped and trucked above an obstruction following a rock slide in British Columbia's Fraser River, a spokeswoman for Fisheries and Oceans Canada said Wednesday.  

    B.C. River Unsafe For Crews After Slide But Blocked Fish Could Be Moved: DFO

    Canada-Wide Warrant Issued For Sex Offender Jonathan Cardinal Missing From Vancouver Halfway House

    Vancouver Police are asking for the public’s help in locating 29-year-old Jonathan Cardinal, a federal sex offender, after he failed to return to his halfway house in Vancouver on July 2.

    Canada-Wide Warrant Issued For Sex Offender Jonathan Cardinal Missing From Vancouver Halfway House

    Supreme Court Of Canada Rejects Saskatchewan Hit-Man Murder Appeal

    Supreme Court Of Canada Rejects Saskatchewan Hit-Man Murder Appeal
    Joshua Dylan Petrin was a high-ranking drug trafficker when he asked two of his associates to "take care" of his right-hand man, who was planning to walk away from their criminal enterprise without his permission.

    Supreme Court Of Canada Rejects Saskatchewan Hit-Man Murder Appeal

    Former N.S. Mountie Sentenced To Decade In Prison For Theft, Cocaine Trafficking

    Former N.S. Mountie Sentenced To Decade In Prison For Theft, Cocaine Trafficking
    A former Nova Scotia Mountie has been sentenced to 10 years in a minimum security prison for stealing 10 kilograms of cocaine from an exhibit locker and arranging sales that earned him $100,000 in cash.

    Former N.S. Mountie Sentenced To Decade In Prison For Theft, Cocaine Trafficking

    Trudeau Announces $1.3 Billion In Federal Funding For Montreal Metro Extension

    Trudeau Announces $1.3 Billion In Federal Funding For Montreal Metro Extension
    Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the federal government will invest $1.3 billion to help finance an extension of Montreal's metro system.  

    Trudeau Announces $1.3 Billion In Federal Funding For Montreal Metro Extension

    Man Found Not Responsible In Stabbing Of Priest At St. Joseph's Oratory

    Man Found Not Responsible In Stabbing Of Priest At St. Joseph's Oratory
     A man charged with stabbing a Catholic priest during a mass that was being streamed online from Montreal's St. Joseph's Oratory in March has been found not criminally responsible.

    Man Found Not Responsible In Stabbing Of Priest At St. Joseph's Oratory